Our supporters.

Hung said:
Caveman said:
Hung said:
The fact is that over the last 30 years, things have changed and if you were to read the forum of any 'big' club, the atmosphere debate features. Small clubs in small grounds these days can't believe their luck that they are playing in the Premiership (it never used to be like that). As a consequence, their fans go mental all game. As an example, Selhurst Park never used to be a ground renowned for its atmosphere, but it seems that it has been transformed into a cauldron. This is down to the fact that Palace have been out of the top league for a decade. It's the same at Stoke, Swansea, Cardiff etc. Double the size of their grounds, give them 10 years in the Premiership and you'll find that the atmosphere at their grounds isn't quite so intimidating.

The more used we get to success, the bigger the ground becomes and the more we become established as one of the 'Big Four', the more sanitised the atmosphere will become. It's not the fault of City fans per se, it's a phenomena that effects English football. Alternatively, we can move back to a Maine Road esque ground and struggle for survival with the occasional relegation and experience a better atmosphere.
With Palace it isn't because they've been out of the Prem for eight years and now they're back in the big time. Palace fans were getting sick to death of the shit atmospheres in English football so took it upon themselves to change it. They looked at different sets of fans around Europe and made links with one club's Ultras (can't remember which club) and made the effort to visit that club and experience what supporting a football club is about.

From there they created their own Ultras group called Holmesdale Fanatics. Some of the lads involved have said it's been like a full time job getting to the level they have reached now. They've been at this level for a fair few years now though, even before they nearly went out of business they were getting very good.

They're organised and up for it. If they were in City's situation they'd still be creating the noise because of the hard work their lads put into it all. It's not just about turning up and singing because they're back in the Prem with Palace.

Sounds like the Palace fans are taking it far too seriously.
Why? Because they got off their arses and did something...something that is actually quite special and puts fans of clubs like us Arsenal and United to shame?

Do you think the stand-long banners paint themselves? Lads have to go to multi-story car parks when they're closed and paint through the night. They're not just bringing shit flags in from 'barmyflags.co.uk' they're creating things like this:
Holmesdale-Fanatics-unfurl-a-banner-with-a-clear-message1.jpg

2346084.jpg

cpfc-banner.jpg

Crystal-Palace-Tottenham-Fans-Crystal-Palace_full_diapos_large.jpg

1648434.jpg

They foresaw that English football atmospheres were heading the way they've gone at our ground and did a positive thing about it. This is exactly what Eintracht Frankfurt fans did in the late 90s and within a decade everyone else in Germany had followed suit. That's what Ultras and Barras Bravas are all like around the world. It's a way of life.

Look at the Aris fans. They were God-like, but these things don't just happen. They have to take it seriously.

hallstreetblue said:
Palace and Cardiff leading the way at the moment. Caught the back end of the Palace Sunderland game yesterday, They all stayed till the end and the atmosphere was outstanding. We don't need a poxy fookin singing section. What's up with the whole of the East Stand gettin up and having a jig? Remember all the arm waving and fists in the air, back in the 80's? And those games were played in front of only 20,000+ crowds. I don't agree with all the flag waving that they have in Germany. Them people don't watch any of the game: however, when you see the whole of the Südtribüne bouncing at Dortmund, it's absolutely fookin unbelievable. More bouncin, clappin and armwavin, or scarf wavin would help.

-- Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:06 pm --

Bring back Here We Go!

We don't need a poxy fookin singing section

Why would it be a *poxy fooking singing section*?(ah?)

We've already have 6 poxy singing sections by name, and not one of them truly works.(bar the odd occasion)

I fully appreciate if you don't want to be part of the poxy fooking singing section(cough!). That's fine by me. Do what you want. But there are many on here and inside the stadium that would like a proper..........poxy fookin singing section(we get your point jrb)

I'm sure I'm not alone in wanting a proper block/singing section where we can stand, sing, and support the team throughout the match. That in turn will free up seats and blocks for People who would rather sit and watch the match in peace and quiet.(is it sinking in yet?)

If any relocation is done properly by the club, it's a win, win, situation for everyone, *SINGERS AND SITTERS*. ;-)

TBH I get really frustrated with some posters on here. Rather than looking at the positives, it's either a negative or sarcastic response. If they just thought about it for a moment, they would realize such a move would be positive for all the fans, standers and sitters, the players, and the club in general. :-)

Caveman said:
Hung said:
Caveman said:
With Palace it isn't because they've been out of the Prem for eight years and now they're back in the big time. Palace fans were getting sick to death of the shit atmospheres in English football so took it upon themselves to change it. They looked at different sets of fans around Europe and made links with one club's Ultras (can't remember which club) and made the effort to visit that club and experience what supporting a football club is about.

From there they created their own Ultras group called Holmesdale Fanatics. Some of the lads involved have said it's been like a full time job getting to the level they have reached now. They've been at this level for a fair few years now though, even before they nearly went out of business they were getting very good.

They're organised and up for it. If they were in City's situation they'd still be creating the noise because of the hard work their lads put into it all. It's not just about turning up and singing because they're back in the Prem with Palace.

Sounds like the Palace fans are taking it far too seriously.
Why? Because they got off their arses and did something...something that is actually quite special and puts fans of clubs like us Arsenal and United to shame?

Do you think the stand-long banners paint themselves? Lads have to go to multi-story car parks when they're closed and paint through the night. They're not just bringing shit flags in from 'barmyflags.co.uk' they're creating things like this:
Holmesdale-Fanatics-unfurl-a-banner-with-a-clear-message1.jpg

2346084.jpg

cpfc-banner.jpg

Crystal-Palace-Tottenham-Fans-Crystal-Palace_full_diapos_large.jpg

1648434.jpg

They foresaw that English football atmospheres were heading the way they've gone at our ground and did a positive thing about it. This is exactly what Eintracht Frankfurt fans did in the late 90s and within a decade everyone else in Germany had followed suit. That's what Ultras and Barras Bravas are all like around the world. It's a way of life.

Look at the Aris fans. They were God-like, but these things don't just happen. They have to take it seriously.

Good luck to them, I bet it looks brilliant when they are playing in the Championship next season

I don't see that has anything to do with the topic in any way, Ducado. Seems like a bitter retort because they make us look like a joke.

Caveman said:
I don't see that has anything to do with the topic in any way, Ducado. Seems like a bitter retort because they make us look like a joke.

wait til the 'we are in the prem' effect wears off.

Caveman said:

It's like this, the Prem is a fairly new and time limited experience for them, they are an appalling football team who will be straight back down, it may be very nice for everyone to be whooping it up, but in the end we go to watch a game of football, to admire the skills of the players, to watch good goals etc, etc etc.

It's not going to happen at our place or any other major club, and I am not sure I would want it to happen

samharris said:
Caveman said:

Read back over my posts in the last few pages, Palace fans haven't just become like this because there up in the Prem. they've been like this for about four or five years, none of which have been in the Prem.

samharris said:
Caveman said:

They have been doing it for years,.

Ducado said:
Caveman said:

It's like this, the Prem is a fairly new and time limited experience for them, they are an appalling football team who will be straight back down, it may be very nice for everyone to be whooping it up, but in the end we go to watch a game of football, to admire the skills of the players, to watch good goals etc, etc etc.

It's not going to happen at our place or any other major club, and I am not sure I would want it to happen
I don't particularly want what they've got.

I don't want a drum, I don't want songs where the words are "der der der" or "woah woah woah"...but I do want more colour and more noise and deep down everyone does, fans and players.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.