Our supporters.

franksinatra said:
samharris said:
Caveman said:
I don't see that has anything to do with the topic in any way, Ducado. Seems like a bitter retort because they make us look like a joke.

wait til the 'we are in the prem' effect wears off.

They have been doing it for years,.

^ exactly.

this was against Charlton and they were in the championship!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IL47U4rZj_k[/youtube]

Ducado said:
Caveman said:
I don't see that has anything to do with the topic in any way, Ducado. Seems like a bitter retort because they make us look like a joke.

It's like this, the Prem is a fairly new and time limited experience for them, they are an appalling football team who will be straight back down, it may be very nice for everyone to be whooping it up, but in the end we go to watch a game of football, to admire the skills of the players, to watch good goals etc, etc etc.

It's not going to happen at our place or any other major club, and I am not sure I would want it to happen

And nobody is stopping you from doing that. Others included as well.

Once again, let me point the obvious out.

If all the singers relocated to 2 blocks in the current away end, away from the Kippax Stand, etc, that would allow more fans like yourself to.........

watch a game of football, to admire the skills of the players, to watch good goals etc, etc etc.

You and others could then watch that game as you please, without being f*** off with other City fans standing, obscuring your view, and singing next to you.

Once again, it's a win, win, situation for everyone concerned.

Fuck the standers and singers away into the away blocks, and let the rest of the stadium sit and watch the match.

Everyone is happy.

Caveman said:

No, it's them that look like the joke. Hand painted banners, flags waved so that the people attending to the match can't see the game (which surely is what they are there for?) drums banging etc. I am sorry but those photos just made me laugh. The Europeans have it down to a fine art yes and it is spectacular for a one off match but it would begin to grate on me after a few matches. Singing yes, (sitting;-) ) shouting yes, cheering yes, but not that artificial 'look at us we are here for a day out' look. FOOTBALL, FOOTBALL, FOOTBALL.

I've been reading about people saying it's becoming a Theme Park, just for families, etc., etc., etc., and can see where they are coming from, but those displays above are even more of a Butlin's atmosphere than a Theme Park!! IMHO

p.s. Caveman, even Ducado, as a Mod, has a right to his opinion. Again IMHO. :-)

jrb said:
Ducado said:
Caveman said:

It's like this, the Prem is a fairly new and time limited experience for them, they are an appalling football team who will be straight back down, it may be very nice for everyone to be whooping it up, but in the end we go to watch a game of football, to admire the skills of the players, to watch good goals etc, etc etc.

It's not going to happen at our place or any other major club, and I am not sure I would want it to happen

If all the singers relocated to 2 blocks in the current away end, away from the Kippax Stand, etc, that would allow more fans like yourself to.........

watch a game of football, to admire the skills of the players, to watch good goals etc, etc etc.

You and others could then watch that game as you please, without being f*** off with other City fans standing, obscuring your view, and singing next to you.

Fuck the standers and singers away into the away blocks, and let the rest of the stadium sit and watch the match.

Everyone is happy.
The only thing about that, jrb, is that some fans want to stand and sing along the side or in the corner - not behind the goal.

Wait until the stadium is developed, move the away fans up top and let the space they leave be filled with people who'd like to be part of something bigger. Get the South Standers to move along a by do they're standing, colour and jumping up+down when celebrating a goal can be seen on tele.

samharris said:
Caveman said:

wait til the 'we are in the prem' effect wears off.
They've been doing it for years though in be championship. Have their own online forum as well.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HeJe8GC024[/youtube]

Etihad atmosphere

Why is it that the atmosphere for home matches is more often than not very flat. Away supporters seem to consistantly make more noise than us, especially European visitors who sometimes sing for the whole 90 minutes. But getting out sung by Hull fans at home takes the biscuit, fuckin embarrassing.

Enjoyed Cardiff away though, Cardiff well loud but "travelling blues" also loud n proud, gave as good as they got for most of the match, cracking atmosphere, shame about defending corners.

The problem with the atmosphere at the Etihad, is one that is quite simple to solve. Create an end behind the goal that is dedicated to City fans, similar to Dortmund, The Kop, the Holte End etc. We need an end that we own, that is dedicated to creating an atmosphere. It also wouldn't do any harm to stop the security from continually harassing those who wish to stand but funnily enough they leave the away fans alone. Regarding the away fans , why do we give them a prime location behind the goal, it gives the away team a focus. Stick them up top or on the sides, preferably out of sight of the camera's, other clubs do this Everton, Palace, Newcastle, Villa, Sunderland to name but a few. Hopefully when the stadium is expanded this will be taken into consideration.

Re: Etihad atmosphere

<a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=289909" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=1&t=289909</a>

good discussion in this thread mate

Caveman said:
jrb said:
Ducado said:

Everyone is happy.
The only thing about that, jrb, is that some fans want to stand and sing along the side or in the corner - not behind the goal.

Wait until the stadium is developed, move the away fans up top and let the space they leave be filled with people who'd like to be part of something bigger. Get the South Standers to move along a by do they're standing, colour and jumping up+down when celebrating a goal can be seen on tele.

That's what I mean. Nothing can be done now, it will stay as it is.

But yes, once the South Stand is expanded, then that is the ideal opportunity to move the singers into the away blocks and create a proper singing section. This would then allow all the other fans who want to sit and watch the game in a peace and quiet to do so. :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.