Our supporters.

Not too keen on Ultras myself, I want to be vocal and show my support for the squad but I don't want it to affect my enjoyment of the match. Funnily enough I do go to the football to occasionally watch what's on the pitch, if there's blue flare smoke in my eyes then how am I gonna do that?

Good example of out drums and other instruments can add to the atmosphere.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4o-5xWQEVzk#t=82[/youtube]<br /><br />-- Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:15 pm --<br /><br />
Dynamo11 said:
Not too keen on Ultras myself, I want to be vocal and show my support for the squad but I don't want it to affect my enjoyment of the match. Funnily enough I do go to the football to occasionally watch what's on the pitch, if there's blue flare smoke in my eyes then how am I gonna do that?
Dont think you would enjoy matches in poland :)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8hCgEavLJo[/youtube]

ManCitizens. said:
On the plus side, our numbers are great; we always turn up when needed and always fill the away allocation.

Unfortunately, in my opinion we don’t earn the team any points. The stadium isn’t a fortress, it isn’t intimidating and we're very quiet unless things go our way. People might not like it but at home, our fans are shocking, simple as that. Today was like an Arsenal game, silence - expecting a goal. If not lets moan, groan and have a tantrum.

The team needs backing, 1,000 fans singing in the corner is not enough.
Ok to state what you see a problem or something to improve. better if you could come up with suggestions to better things.

Eccles Blue said:
Caveman said:
I don't see that has anything to do with the topic in any way, Ducado. Seems like a bitter retort because they make us look like a joke.

No, it's them that look like the joke. Hand painted banners, flags waved so that the people attending to the match can't see the game (which surely is what they are there for?) drums banging etc. I am sorry but those photos just made me laugh. The Europeans have it down to a fine art yes and it is spectacular for a one off match but it would begin to grate on me after a few matches. Singing yes, (sitting;-) ) shouting yes, cheering yes, but not that artificial 'look at us we are here for a day out' look. FOOTBALL, FOOTBALL, FOOTBALL.

I've been reading about people saying it's becoming a Theme Park, just for families, etc., etc., etc., and can see where they are coming from, but those displays above are even more of a Butlin's atmosphere than a Theme Park!! IMHO

p.s. Caveman, even Ducado, as a Mod, has a right to his opinion. Again IMHO. :-)

But it doesn't have to be like that.

At this point all I'm after are the basics. Put all those that want to stand and sing in together.(in the current away end) Job done.

If the Ultra scene develops over time, so be it. If not it doesn't matter, as all the singers will be together.

And in all honesty it shouldn't affect you as a fan, as I take you won't be anywhere near that part of the stadium.? And I'm sure even you wouldn't mind constant vocal support at home matches. Or would you?

jrb said:
Eccles Blue said:
Caveman said:
I don't see that has anything to do with the topic in any way, Ducado. Seems like a bitter retort because they make us look like a joke.

No, it's them that look like the joke. Hand painted banners, flags waved so that the people attending to the match can't see the game (which surely is what they are there for?) drums banging etc. I am sorry but those photos just made me laugh. The Europeans have it down to a fine art yes and it is spectacular for a one off match but it would begin to grate on me after a few matches. Singing yes, (sitting;-) ) shouting yes, cheering yes, but not that artificial 'look at us we are here for a day out' look. FOOTBALL, FOOTBALL, FOOTBALL.

I've been reading about people saying it's becoming a Theme Park, just for families, etc., etc., etc., and can see where they are coming from, but those displays above are even more of a Butlin's atmosphere than a Theme Park!! IMHO

p.s. Caveman, even Ducado, as a Mod, has a right to his opinion. Again IMHO. :-)

But it doesn't have to be like that.

At this point all I'm after are the basics. Put all those that want to stand and sing in together.(in the current away end) Job done.

If the Ultra scene develops over time, so be it. If not it doesn't matter, as all the singers will be together.

And in all honesty it shouldn't affect you as a fan, as I take you won't be anywhere near that part of the stadium.? And I'm sure even you wouldn't mind constant vocal support at home matches. Or would you?

I'm not sure that the EVEN YOU is relevant because if you read my posts you may discover that, at present I feel as if I am one of a very small minority in the CBL1 that manages to sing, shout, cheer!! But hey, don't let your sense of grievance that I don't like manufactured atmospheres get in the way of the truth!!! :-)

Ducado said:
What's the problem some people seem to have with families?

Not seen many posts saying families don't belong at the Etihad stadium to be honest mate.

Just that some fans would like more than just to watch the game.

I agree that to sing whilst sat down will never take off.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.