Our supporters.

sam-caddick said:
I think many will be surprised to see what a drum could do.

All they need to do is turn Sky Sports 1 on and they wouldn't be surprised. Songs move at a natural pace instead of 4 segments singing it at different speeds, and the noise is constant.

The majority of our support now are Mr and Mrs Average with their two kids. And while this is not a bad thing I hardly think that they will be contributing to the atmosphere.
I'm afraid that this is just a sign of the times and given time all football grounds will become more like the US stadiums with no soul.

Corn dog anyone? ;)

Davs 19 said:
Dynamo11 said:
The build of the stadium doesn't help too much either, Cardiff City's ground may be pretty boring to look at but the way it's built amplifies the noise. At the Etihad it travels 20 feet and then drifts into the air never to be heard, it was never designed to be a football stadium and it really shows.

Errrrr, it was actually designed as a football stadium, hence the reason for the temporary stand at the CG's................

Obviously I understand that it has been, what's the best term: "retrofitted" for use by City but it was never designed specifically with City in mind and as such wasn't acoustically tuned to what a Football Stadium should be. Seeing as we are using European examples anyone ever been to the San Siro in Milan? Even when the whole place isn't bouncing it can still be loud simply because of how enclosed it is.

greasedupdeafguy said:
IWasHere said:
I have a solution that will solve your problems....ULTRAS!;-)
worked for palace

Palace fans making a right noise tonight. Singing non-stop.

Only a few 100 in the bottom corner, but getting the stand/ground singing.

Fortunately I earn a decent wage.

The bread and butter city fans have been priced out

The same with the tarquins manure

Dynamo11 said:
Davs 19 said:
Dynamo11 said:
The build of the stadium doesn't help too much either, Cardiff City's ground may be pretty boring to look at but the way it's built amplifies the noise. At the Etihad it travels 20 feet and then drifts into the air never to be heard, it was never designed to be a football stadium and it really shows.

Errrrr, it was actually designed as a football stadium, hence the reason for the temporary stand at the CG's................

Obviously I understand that it has been, what's the best term: "retrofitted" for use by City but it was never designed specifically with City in mind and as such wasn't acoustically tuned to what a Football Stadium should be. Seeing as we are using European examples anyone ever been to the San Siro in Milan? Even when the whole place isn't bouncing it can still be loud simply because of how enclosed it is.
Presumably the expansion will help in that respect, in making everything a bit more enclosed. But Old Trafford is a dedicated football ground and that's still like a church most Sundays, so it's down to more than stadium design.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.