Our supporters.

I cant be arsed reading through all the pages but my take on it is its simply the demographics, ie the average age of fans, gone are the days of lots and lots of 13-25 yr olds who are happy to jump up and down all game together and make a lot of noise. I wish someone would actually come up with the figures, the age of fans attending games now and back in the seventies ! If the Stadium is full of 45+ yr olds, (and I know some of them still like to sing) the atmosphere is never going to be electric, the game is becoming more like going to the theatre ! You can blame this on high ticket prices and all seater stadiums !

Couple of points most of the City fans that I see at games are just normal working people, rather than prawn sandwich eating silent spectators

The one thing that gets the atmosphere going is the style and speed of play, listen to it when we go bombing forward, then listen to it as we labour with the ball and move at a snails pace

TGR said:
InMyLifetime-BaconChops said:
Fuck it.

Where can I buy a drum? Do I need permission to use it in the stadium?

Hopefully they will refuse you permission to bang such a dreadful instrument in the stadium.
Hopefully I don't sit anywhere near you in the stadium.
Could I respectfully advise you buy youself a nice tambourine?

With all due respect mate, that attitude is the reason why atmospheres in England are gash!

Ducado said:
Couple of points most of the City fans that I see at games are just normal working people, rather than prawn sandwich eating silent spectators

The one thing that gets the atmosphere going is the style and speed of play, listen to it when we go bombing forward, then listen to it as we labour with the ball and move at a snails pace

No doubt it can get really loud when that happens, but I think the other argument is how to sustain that all match. We can't have 10% of cheers followed by 90% of crickets

Caveman said:
SuperMario's Fireworks. said:
The family stand/colin bell need to up the noise levels, the singing sections cant do it all.
They don't really do anything neither. For "vocal"'sections the Singing Section and South stand are desperately poor.

Agreed. Where I am in EL3 I get a great overview of the away fans and our 'singing section' and to put it bluntly we're fucking shite.
I get some right dirty looks around me when I stand up and shout out encouragement, reckon I'd be asked to leave if I had the temerity to start singing!

Those of you who think that our stadium can never produce much noise, should have been to the Hamburg game a few years ago, the noise was incredible that night, better than any Derby, those who went will know what i mean.

sam-caddick said:
TGR said:
InMyLifetime-BaconChops said:
Fuck it.

Where can I buy a drum? Do I need permission to use it in the stadium?

Hopefully they will refuse you permission to bang such a dreadful instrument in the stadium.
Hopefully I don't sit anywhere near you in the stadium.
Could I respectfully advise you buy youself a nice tambourine?

With all due respect mate, that attitude is the reason why atmospheres in England are gash!

Have you ever heard the dearth of a noise of that silly band who follow England everywhere? Fucking terrible!
I'm all for atmostphere and passion but please not some dickhead with a drum thinking he is the new King of the Kippax!

TGR said:
Have you ever heard the dearth of a noise of that silly band who follow England everywhere? Fucking terrible!

You've actually named the exception to the rule though. Drums are used effectively just about everywhere else - did you watch the Palace game just now? Non-stop singing for 90 minutes led by a drummer.

Compared to the tripe that comes out of the mouth of the bloke sat behind us, a bit of silence would be a welcomed change. The guy's a complete bellend. Today for example he called Yaya Toure 'lightweight'. I kid you not.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.