Over 50's Health Tips

I keep telling my Mother who’s 66 to get alternating squats and deadlifts every few days at home because she’s been struggling getting up out of the chair and gets out of breath up the stairs, and she looks at me like I’ve just told her to do one of those extreme marathons in the Sahara.
Get her a trap/hex bar for Christmas/birthday mate lol, she’ll love it :-).

I'm 62 and I have no drive to do exercise after work, by the time we get in, do tea, wash up, shower, its 9ish.

Always done manual work and now I have to do exercise to stop my body seizing up ;( if I dont my back is terrible.

Loved swimming and cycling up until about my mid 30's, than kids stopped that.

I try to eat healthy I have never smoked and only drink a few times a year. Meant to be 11 stone for my height but if I lose my muscle mass I doubt I could do my job !

I'm happy with the way I am

I recently completed 75 hard.

75 days, no rest days:
1) daily pic
2) drink a gallon of water every day
3) read at least 10 pages non fiction every day
4) follow a diet-I signed up to myfitnesspal and followed a high protein diet and kept to 2250 cals/day
5) 2 workouts every single day, at least 45 mins, 3 hours apart-one of which must be outside.

For the exercise I did walking and mountain biking outside and rowing and insanity sessions indoors (the easier ones..).
For the 75 days, no cheat meals, no alcohol..

The hardest part was the drinking-constantly needing a pee became a bind but I adapted, usually getting up at 6 to get 2 litres down early. And no alcohol was difficult during the treble run.

I was pretty slim before but still lost 11 pounds-in essence you are constantly in a calorie deficit. My body fat is now below 15% at 55.

My mate also did it-mainly walking, and he was obese. he lost almost 2 stone over the 75 days.

Its hard but predominately a mental challenge-wouldn't recommend for somebody working long hours.

For anyone starting a fitness/weight loss journey google TDEE, work yours out then knock 10% off your daily calorie requirement and go from there. I'd recommend any low impact exercise; walking, swimming, cycling, rowing.
Fuck. That.

I recently completed 75 hard.

75 days, no rest days:
1) daily pic
2) drink a gallon of water every day
3) read at least 10 pages non fiction every day
4) follow a diet-I signed up to myfitnesspal and followed a high protein diet and kept to 2250 cals/day
5) 2 workouts every single day, at least 45 mins, 3 hours apart-one of which must be outside.

For the exercise I did walking and mountain biking outside and rowing and insanity sessions indoors (the easier ones..).
For the 75 days, no cheat meals, no alcohol..

The hardest part was the drinking-constantly needing a pee became a bind but I adapted, usually getting up at 6 to get 2 litres down early. And no alcohol was difficult during the treble run.

I was pretty slim before but still lost 11 pounds-in essence you are constantly in a calorie deficit. My body fat is now below 15% at 55.

My mate also did it-mainly walking, and he was obese. he lost almost 2 stone over the 75 days.

Its hard but predominately a mental challenge-wouldn't recommend for somebody working long hours.

For anyone starting a fitness/weight loss journey google TDEE, work yours out then knock 10% off your daily calorie requirement and go from there. I'd recommend any low impact exercise; walking, swimming, cycling, rowing.
When doing the outside training, isn't the mre a requirement for it to be of a certain intensity I.e. Run 10k in x amount of time?

When doing the outside training, isn't the mre a requirement for it to be of a certain intensity I.e. Run 10k in x amount of time?
Not the 'rules' that I read. They specify 2 workouts, at least 45 misn, 3 hours apart, one of which must be outside-after that its down to you what you really do-so walking at a brisk pace is sufficient. I used the walking as a recovery exercise from the cycling/rowing.

Yeah absolutely.
I find walking is the best. You get fresh air and there's plenty to look at. Makes you feel invigorated.

Swimming I find gets boring. But it's great exercise.
Get a dog, I do 6-7 miles a day now, with my back and knee issues this is as much as I can do at the moment, I’m doing around 15/16000 steps on average, if I up to 10 miles I’m goosed for the day. My problem is diet, my wife buys lots of shite for her and my daughter but if it’s there I eat it :( if I could lose half a stone I’d be happy but I don’t lose sleep over it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.