Owen to Rags on 1 year deal

MichaelOwen-ManUtdkit-_2324976.jpg

Barrel well and truly scraped!!

I'd have took Owen tbh with you. Similar injury record to Bellamy but a better goalscorer. With both of them we could nearly have got a season out of them combining the amount of games they will play.

de niro said:
johnmc said:
Now if they sign crouch i would laugh. Owen is no risk though i think. If we could take him on a free and also a pay as you play/score contract then its a good deal.

this.
and get a bob or two on owen for golden boot.

Agreed De Niro, there are those who cant look past his recent injuries! If (And i admit its a BIG IF!) he stays fit, the Rags have a potential 20 EPL goals a season guy......for nothing! And what will really p*ss me off is that old Baconface will be considered even more of a fecking genius by the dillusional swamp dwellers!!........If he doesnt come off and remains in the treatment room (like our very own Bellamy and possibly RSC dont forget!!) then they aint really lost anything!!

Hope i am so very wrong on this!!

BufordUSABlue said:
de niro said:
johnmc said:
Now if they sign crouch i would laugh. Owen is no risk though i think. If we could take him on a free and also a pay as you play/score contract then its a good deal.

this.
and get a bob or two on owen for golden boot.

Agreed De Niro, there are those who cant look past his recent injuries! If (And i admit its a BIG IF!) he stays fit, the Rags have a potential 20 EPL goals a season guy......for nothing! And what will really p*ss me off is that old Baconface will be considered even more of a fecking genius by the dillusional swamp dwellers!!........If he doesnt come off and remains in the treatment room (like our very own Bellamy and possibly RSC dont forget!!) then they aint really lost anything!!

Hope i am so very wrong on this!!

Ah but, the Scum wouldn't have dreamed of going for someone like a crocked Owen if they weren't skint!! I hope the
£80 mill they got for that poncy Portuguese twat has gone straight into the Glazers debt management fund and Baconface won't see a penny!!

Those laughing at the Owen to rags deal should remember some other rag players down the years that have raised eyebrows when they signed them:

Cantona - Waster at Leeds going nowhere, became rag legend.
Sheringham - was 31 when he went to the rags and won everything with them
Henrik Larsson - Was 35 when went there on loan and had a fairly successful spell.

There's no doubt that when fit, playing, and getting service, Owen will score goals. For a team like the rags who create numerous chances, if he is on some kind of pay as you play deal, then I reckon it's a good move by them. Don't forget it's not like a Hull City scenario where Owen would have been the spearhead of the side, and if not fit, it would be a disaster. At the rags, given the size of their squad he'll just be another player to come on, and probably score.

I'm certainly not laughing yet. It could turn out to bite us on the arse.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.