Owen to Rags on 1 year deal

Lancashire Blue said:
Those laughing at the Owen to rags deal should remember some other rag players down the years that have raised eyebrows when they signed them:

Cantona - Waster at Leeds going nowhere, became rag legend.
Sheringham - was 31 when he went to the rags and won everything with them
Henrik Larsson - Was 35 when went there on loan and had a fairly successful spell.

There's no doubt that when fit, playing, and getting service, Owen will score goals. For a team like the rags who create numerous chances, if he is on some kind of pay as you play deal, then I reckon it's a good move by them. Don't forget it's not like a Hull City scenario where Owen would have been the spearhead of the side, and if not fit, it would be a disaster. At the rags, given the size of their squad he'll just be another player to come on, and probably score.

I'm certainly not laughing yet. It could turn out to bite us on the arse.

Fair points although none of the above were crocked constantly. Who is to say the rags will create numerous chances? Ronaldo and Tevez were behind many of those as they caused carnage. Valencia is not the type. Rooney is not the most creative. This is the most impotent rag team I have seen in years.

"owen is still top 3 in the world"
"any club in the world would have owen"
"you lot going on about eto'o we got a better player for free."

three things that have been said to me by rags using there usual red tinted sunglasses.

"top 3 what? gamblers anonymous members?"
"except the second division bag of shit that wouldn't re-sign him."
"owen probably is the best subuteo player in the world, all the time he has spent on the injury list he has had plenty of time to practice."

three replies they recieved.

honestly they never fail to amaze me! owen has gone from bum who no one would want and was planning to retire, to a superstar just because baconface thinks he can use his square head as a table to rest his whisky on! im so pissed off with all the media they have been getting because they decided to scrape the bottom of a barrel and found a half dead ex superstar!

svennis pennis said:
Lancashire Blue said:
Those laughing at the Owen to rags deal should remember some other rag players down the years that have raised eyebrows when they signed them:

Henrik Larsson - Was 35 when went there on loan and had a fairly successful spell.

There's no doubt that when fit, playing, and getting service, Owen will score goals. For a team like the rags who create numerous chances, if he is on some kind of pay as you play deal, then I reckon it's a good move by them. Don't forget it's not like a Hull City scenario where Owen would have been the spearhead of the side, and if not fit, it would be a disaster. At the rags, given the size of their squad he'll just be another player to come on, and probably score.

Fair points although none of the above were crocked constantly. Who is to say the rags will create numerous chances? Ronaldo and Tevez were behind many of those as they caused carnage. Valencia is not the type. Rooney is not the most creative. This is the most impotent rag team I have seen in years.

personally I'm waiting until the window closes before passing judgment on the Rag recruitment policy ........... there still plenty of time for baconface to pull something out of the bag unfortunately

But on a free and on a not-taking-the-piss wage, he'd be great as cover.

For what you're getting, he'd be much better value than Bellamy, anyway.

(Tin hat firmly on)

Wheelsy said:
But on a free and on a not-taking-the-piss wage, he'd be great as cover.

For what you're getting, he'd be much better value than Bellamy, anyway.

(Tin hat firmly on)

We dont need to worry about value. Bellamy still has his pace. Bellamy over Owen for me.

Yes but didn't he have a younger fitter Giggs and Scholes to do the donkey work in midfield and hadn't Trannie signed for them. Not so sure Giggs and Scholes are up to it myself and I think their loss will be harder to take this time round. (Fingers crossed toes crossed that Baconface has really cocked this one up)

nickson71 said:
svennis pennis said:
Lancashire Blue said:

personally I'm waiting until the window closes before passing judgment on the Rag recruitment policy ........... there still plenty of time for baconface to pull something out of the bag unfortunately

Yea, same ere

Im sorry but we would all be going mad if we had looked at owen, the guy is a crock and hasnt been good for years, now just because baconface has signed him everybody is bigging him up and hailing baconface as some kind of football genius. Remember allardyce passed on him and there wasnt exactly a queue of clubs lining up to sign him, they beat off hull and stoke for gods sake its hardly a coup.

They signed cantona and sheringham and larrson and they were all half decent, fair dos cantona was very good, but im sorry fergie aint a transfer genius for everyone trannie and ronaldo, there is a taibi and veron.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.