Owning a nice watch

I bought a cheap Casio watch 14 years ago for a bit of nostalgia. The battery is still bloody going!! These things last forever. To me it's a nice watch, very basic, no bells and whistles, just a shitty light lol

I bought a cheap Casio watch 14 years ago for a bit of nostalgia. The battery is still bloody going!! These things last forever. To me it's a nice watch, very basic, no bells and whistles, just a shitty light lol
I think I have the same watch as you, battery been going over 8 years ! It's St Steel with a blue face.

In order, I'd say San Martin are the best quality, followed closely by Cronos - but these are also more expensive, anything from £150-£300 depending on model. Then you've got Seagull at about £100, who have been making watches for the Chinese military since the 50s. Between £40-£100 you've got brands like SteelDive and Pagani Design.

I would start with something like this from Steeldive - it's based on a '70s Seiko made famous by the character Captain Willard in Apocalypse Now. It's also known as the 'turtle', after the shape of the case and is very comfortable to wear. The movement is an automatic Seiko NH35 and it has a stainless steel case and sapphire crystal glass. For £48 delivered to the UK, it is a bargain!

AliExpress have sales every few months, so sometimes it's worth waiting to get good discounts.
Thanks mate, very helpful, that Steeldive looks like a good deal, automatic although somebody said it gains 3 minutes a day which is a bit annoying. It's $83 shipped to Oz. I guess it's quite heavy ?

How do you pay Ali....by cc ?

Thanks mate, very helpful, that Steeldive looks like a good deal, automatic although somebody said it gains 3 minutes a day which is a bit annoying. It's $83 shipped to Oz. I guess it's quite heavy ?

How do you pay Ali....by cc ?
The Seiko movements can be adjusted if needed, although I think mine is more like 15 seconds a day, which is fine. The parcels are pretty light, so postage isn't expensive - delivery to the Uk includes VAT at 20%, not sure about Oz.
I use Paypal and never had any issues.

The Seiko movements can be adjusted if needed, although I think mine is more like 15 seconds a day, which is fine. The parcels are pretty light, so postage isn't expensive - delivery to the Uk includes VAT at 20%, not sure about Oz.
I use Paypal and never had any issues.
No I meant is the watch heavy to wear :)

Do you get it pretty quick ? It says 10 day delivery to Oz.

No I meant is the watch heavy to wear :)

Do you get it pretty quick ? It says 10 day delivery to Oz.
Have a look on here if you want watches that are already in Australia

I wish I had seen thread a while back, I have been after a certain Omega for a few years, it’s a limited edition De Ville, only 1000 made, every time I see one for sale, it’s either got no box or papers, or the box it comes with isn’t / doesn’t look like the original, think I have only found one that looked like the complete deal. So I am now looking at a Rolex Datejust, referring back to the article posted by The Perfect Fumble a good few pages back it seems it’s not a simple process. It’s our 25 th wedding Anniversary next May, so we are buying a decent watch each, I knew there was a wait for a new Rolo, but reading that article……Jesus, it’s like you are humiliated for even having the nerve to ask, is it still like this now, say if you went in Watches of Switzerland in town?
Does anyone know if you can buy a Cartier over the counter or do you have to plead, grovel, sign off half your house for one of those as well?

Casio are fantastically reliable watches, speaking from my own experience. I wear a Casio Duro at work; €35 off Ebay. Accurate to within 2 seconds a month. No doubt the more discerning on here wouldn't be seen dead with one of them on their wrist. No; it doesn't monitor my heart rate or blood pressure, count the amount of steps I take in a day or let me know when I've got emails. It's just bloody good at keeping time. Radical, I know.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.