Owning a nice watch

No I've gone for that exact look, it's a hybrid rubber bellied strap with black alligator inlay and looks stunning.
That particular strap is wonderful. The look of leather, the comfort of rubber, you can wear it in water, and the deployant clasp on it is second to none.
You’ll love the planet ocean. Give me one of them over a Submariner (as a watch if not an investment obviously) any day of the week. A hugely underrated watch.

Bought a Planet Ocean this morning which should be with me on Monday.

Like a kid at Christmas now waiting.

Very fucking tidy! enjoy every second you wear it mate, I’ve got a 30 odd year old Speed master pro moon watch which I wore for the first time in a few months today and I was still buzzing off it after all these years.

Bought a Planet Ocean this morning which should be with me on Monday.

Like a kid at Christmas now waiting.

I've had one since our house was burgled about 10 years ago - the insurance company were insistent on giving me vouchers to use at a jewellers, as they get massive incentives. It worked in my favour, as they were pretty generous, so was able to get a much more expensive watch than the one that got nicked!
Mine is 45.5mm though, so a real beast. I do still wear it quite often, but these days I tend to buy watches from AliExpress that cost peanuts in comparison and I enjoy owning them just as much, because I can buy more of them!
Hope you enjoy yours!

IMG_1120.jpg

Last edited:
I had some Vermouth in Madrid at the Real away match, never again, absolutely disgusting.
In a vesper you wouldn’t know it was there!
Bond asked for 3 measures of Gordon’s, 1 measure of vodka and a half measure of Kina Lillet with a lemon twist.
Shaken of course.

That particular strap is wonderful. The look of leather, the comfort of rubber, you can wear it in water, and the deployant clasp on it is second to none.
You’ll love the planet ocean. Give me one of them over a Submariner (as a watch if not an investment obviously) any day of the week. A hugely underrated watch.

I'm slightly worried about the strap now with water as many online are saying it's no good for water use but why would Omega sell a Planet Ocean with a strap like this if its not meant to be used in the water?

Primarily it's a dress watch but I'd still like to take it on holiday and not worry about the pool etc and I'm just thinking get another rubber strap but it's another £260 without a clasp.

I saw an interesting thing recently on rolex. They use to be very expensive and produced in low numbers so rare.

They are now among the top selling brands. There are possibly casio models from recent years that are rarer than Rolex.

The mass production of high end watches is why the values are falling.
Not sure about that one mate,i think with money being tight Rolex owners are selling now as they think prices will fall further,i'm certainly not selling my SUB or my Deep Sea as prices will recover big time in my humble opinion in the not to distance future

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.