P****d off with the so called ''Match day experience''

bluemoon risin' said:
marco said:
dont think they would allow un allocated seating this goes against every rule in the book at the moment they know who you are and where you shit and they like it like that

Big brother like CCTV knows where any potential trouble causer is and the police act upon it, so i don't think the club needs to know who sits where.
Sadly as was experienced as recently as last friday they do.
While I feel that if we cant just turn up on the day and hand over the cash to the turnstile operater, a stand of unallocated seating would be the next best scenario, while rascist or foul and abusive language resounds from the stands - terraces, we will all be placed in our own wee section (though we may decide to swap that wee place for another).
But while I support the Justice for the 96 fans that left home to watch a game of football, and never returned home, that is not relevant to wanting SAFE standing areas for Etihad.

The atmosphere at Eastlands is shite. It's worse than Arsenal, Old Trafford, Stamford Bridge.

Type "atmosphere" and "etihad" or "man city" or "eastlands" during a live game and see what the nation thinks of it.

Fans that can be bothered to sing and create an atmosphere want to stand up. A better atmosphere will be created further by allowing supporters to sit/stand where they want, like we used to do. Until the club acknowledge and act on this accordingly, the atmosphere will not get any better.

Football is passion, Not theatre !

bluemoon risin' said:
Fans that can be bothered to sing and create an atmosphere want to stand up. A better atmosphere will be created further by allowing supporters to sit/stand where they want, like we used to do. Until the club acknowledge and act on this accordingly, the atmosphere will not get any better.

Well said. I think this thread is turning into an 'all talk no action' thread like the ultras one though. :(

marios stress ball said:
bluemoon risin' said:

Well said. I think this thread is turning into an 'all talk no action' thread like the ultras one though. :(

The problem is no one knows where to start!! we need to club to Help us!! IMO

non-exhaustive list of possible reasons:

-Club is going for a more family friendly entertainment based setup which they haven't perfected.

-There's no set routine pre-game or at half-time ie.

We should have the teams an hour before kick-off like we do, then maybe 5/10 mins of reaction/gossip, then any important news from the week, then an academy/EDS segment with a live interview with one of the young lads or something so we get an insight into their development, then we get into build-up to the game, some highlights of past games etc.

everything winds down with 10/15 minutes to go till kick-off and everyone goes into the ground to their seats, where we have the set routine of songs played like we used to so that everybody knew it was time for the players coming out, could get in the mood etc.

-Moved to a new stadium that isn't designed for what we need it to be to generate a good atmosphere, can't put our own feel or stamp on it.

-We're not as good a set of fans as we used to be, certainly more apathetic as the noisy lot get older and the younger generation weren't involved as much with the down times so don't have that same feel for the club(not a criticism, but City is different to each generation).

-There's a level of expectancy around which just makes people quieter.

-Stricter stewarding.

-Not allowed to drink in seats, meaning people either come in late or leave earlier to have a drink.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
non-exhaustive list of possible reasons:

-Club is going for a more family friendly entertainment based setup which they haven't perfected.

-There's no set routine pre-game or at half-time ie.

We should have the teams an hour before kick-off like we do, then maybe 5/10 mins of reaction/gossip, then any important news from the week, then an academy/EDS segment with a live interview with one of the young lads or something so we get an insight into their development, then we get into build-up to the game, some highlights of past games etc.

everything winds down with 10/15 minutes to go till kick-off and everyone goes into the ground to their seats, where we have the set routine of songs played like we used to so that everybody knew it was time for the players coming out, could get in the mood etc.

-Moved to a new stadium that isn't designed for what we need it to be to generate a good atmosphere, can't put our own feel or stamp on it.

-We're not as good a set of fans as we used to be, certainly more apathetic as the noisy lot get older and the younger generation weren't involved as much with the down times so don't have that same feel for the club(not a criticism, but City is different to each generation).

-There's a level of expectancy around which just makes people quieter.

-Stricter stewarding.

-Not allowed to drink in seats, meaning people either come in late or leave earlier to have a drink.

I disagree with a few things there but CBA going through them at this time. Except for the one about the younger generation... if anything the younger generation are trying to help the atmosphere more than the elders. Go to the singing sections and away games and you will see a wade range of ages and most of the younger lads would be singing. Groups like TBA and CM11 were started by the younger fans, it's just a shame that some of the older people seem to like putting them down.

A lot of valid points too though..

Bluemanc1968 said:
marios stress ball said:
bluemoon risin' said:

The problem is no one knows where to start!! we need to club to Help us!! IMO

The government are going to make clubs have some 'fan leason officers' or whatever they're called. They want there to be a link between the fans and the chairman. They will be proper fans, not some posh mate the owners have, and will be invited to boardroom meetings to give the top people at the club an idea of what the fans really want.
(something like this anyway)

I don't know when this will start but hopefully it will work.

I sit in 122 (corner of Colin Bell next to South Stand) and although we're right next to all the singing from SS, hardly anyone joins in apart from me and a few random others who get looks like we're not right in the head. People who aren't in the SS or Kippax corner just need to not be arsed what others think and sing their hearts out on their own / with a few others, and more people will eventually copy.

as a 109 SC holder we relocated for a cup game earlier this season, second tier in CB, close enough to where TBA are and can hear the away support yet the atmosphere was awful, I could hear couples sharing sweets around 5/6 rows down from me.

Now although we could hear all the singing, it was like a private funeral set at a church next to a motorway..... Anyime we sang,we were frowned upon. almost looked down as second class "citizens"

I've experienced SAFE standing in the bundesliga, great atmosphere and I felt more safe than in our stadium.

We need Safe Standing.
and when this is introduced - cheaper tickets.

those supporters who want to remain seated all match,make no noise, and share sweets can do so.... and supporters such as myself who want a bit of atmosphere can get this in the standing section, as seen at Borussia Dortmund

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.