P****d off with the so called ''Match day experience''

Fanzone Danny might be a great Guy i don't know him personally but his pre match routine is embarrassing.

Being over 40 is no excuse to stop singing. I'm 47 and have been going since being a young lad and i am more up for it now than i've ever been.

This is the best football i've seen all my life and i'm loving every minute, i can even accept us getting beaten if we play with passion and pride like we did agains man-ure.

How many times have you seen City down the years thinking can it get any worse than this? Thinking that the team you love and follow all over the country and abroad will never have much chance of winning any cup worth winning. I have. Those dark days are not too distant either.

Since i saw us beat the rags at wembley and go back there to see us lift the cup, i've been on a kind of subconcious high. I can't wait for matchdays so i can sing my heart out for the lads, only to be hoarse afterwards.

I'm so proud of seeing the club i love competing and turning clubs over that used to be our bogey sides.

Being a blue has never been better IMO. I'm doing my bit to raise the atmosphere, pity many others can't be bothered to make the effort.

bluemoon risin' said:
Being over 40 is no excuse to stop singing. I'm 47 and have been going since being a young lad and i am more up for it now than i've ever been.

This is the best football i've seen all my life and i'm loving every minute, i can even accept us getting beaten if we play with passion and pride like we did agains man-ure.

How many times have you seen City down the years thinking can it get any worse than this? Thinking that the team you love and follow all over the country and abroad will never have much chance of winning any cup worth winning. I have. Those dark days are not too distant either.

Since i saw us beat the rags at wembley and go back there to see us lift the cup, i've been on a kind of subconcious high. I can't wait for matchdays so i can sing my heart out for the lads, only to be hoarse afterwards.

I'm so proud of seeing the club i love competing and turning clubs over that used to be our bogey sides.

Being a blue has never been better IMO. I'm doing my bit to raise the atmosphere, pity many others can't be bothered to make the effort.

OK I shall make more of an effort in future

Not sure if it would be possible, but unallocated seating for two or three sections would be a great place to start, so that mates that drink together and are in the same section could then stand or sit together and either start or continue songs.
The idea of giving the best seats in the ground to away fans is an absolute joke and should never even be thought about by our club, never mind trialed on two occassions as it has been.
The atmosphere at Maine Road was very often shocking since the Kippax Last Stand, but at other games was superb, likewise the atmosphere in Eastlands - CoMS ot the Etihad has been rocking at some games and woeful at others.
Some fans enjoy the "city square experience" other dont. And while the bars round the ground are nowhere near as good as those at Maine Road, they still provide an alternative to the "City Square experience".

law74 said:
Not sure if it would be possible, but unallocated seating for two or three sections would be a great place to start, so that mates that drink together and are in the same section could then stand or sit together and either start or continue songs.
The idea of giving the best seats in the ground to away fans is an absolute joke and should never even be thought about by our club, never mind trialed on two occassions as it has been.
The atmosphere at Maine Road was very often shocking since the Kippax Last Stand, but at other games was superb, likewise the atmosphere in Eastlands - CoMS ot the Etihad has been rocking at some games and woeful at others.
Some fans enjoy the "city square experience" other dont. And while the bars round the ground are nowhere near as good as those at Maine Road, they still provide an alternative to the "City Square experience".
Hallelujah blue brother! Unallocated seating is something i mentioned a while back on another 'lack of atmosphere' thread. Until we ever bring back(safe) standing terraces, the collective atmosphere will continue to dwindle.

There are pockets of fans all over the stadium, up for a sing song, only to feel embarrassed if they try and fail to start a song off. Many fans are seperated from freinds through allocated seating, so perhaps feel alienated in quieter parts of the stadium.

Unallocated seats for fans up for singing(and being together with mates) in a designated 'singing section' has got to be the way forward.

the etihad lacks identity, can you imagine in a fortnights time liverpool handing city the kop, thats what we effectively do every cup game, and did the same at maine road with the north stand.

last night was one of the most dismal nights ever watching city, what should have been a top occasion highlighted so much wrong with modern football and the depth of city's support.

the saddest thing for me was it didn't appear that anyone was actually bothered if we got to wembley or not, lethagy from the team, wide open spaces in the stand, and a small fortune and a lot time invested in what quite frankly was utter shit.

I'm 54 and have been watching City for 47 years.

To be honest, if I wouldn't be tempted to watch football now if I were a young lad.

The atmosphere at matches is dull, it is a bureaucratic ordeal to get tickets and the whole experience is very sanitised compared to even 20 years ago.

And it's expensive.

I still have a season ticket out of habit, but as a middle aged man who has watched City since I was at junior school I feel a bit sad that the stadium is now full of middle aged men who were not at matches with me 40 years ago or even 10 years ago.

urmston said:
I'm 54 and have been watching City for 47 years.

To be honest, if I wouldn't be tempted to watch football now if I were a young lad.

The atmosphere at matches is dull, it is a bureaucratic ordeal to get tickets and the whole experience is very sanitised compared to even 20 years ago.

And it's expensive.

I still have a season ticket out of habit, but as a middle aged man who has watched City since I was at junior school I feel a bit sad that the stadium is now full of middle aged men who were not at matches with me 40 years ago or even 10 years ago.

As one of those middle aged men that were at the game ten years ago and that goes to games with older middle aged men that were going to the game 30 & 40 years ago, a lot if not most of those that still go to the game are the same people that I used to drink with in the Beehive or occassionaly St Crispins and the other middle aged men we meet for a pint before the game or on the concourses are the same people we used to meet in the beehive or the bar under the North stand Maine Road, and at times the atmosphere in Maine Road was as bad or worse than anything I have encountered at Eastlands.
Of course time will always mean that some of those that we used to go to games with are no longer going, due to family circumstances, finances, a change in priorities or whatever reason, but a lot of the lads I knew from the "good old days" are still there week in week out.

law74 said:

That is a fantastic idea mate!!! unallocated seating stop all this seating bollocks and stewards nonsense and hey standing with mates again! now we are talking come on city fucking HELP US!!!!!!! like i said I meet up with 20 + mates ALL season ticket holders before the match's and we have not managed to get seats together since the North Stand at Maine Road!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.