Palace (A) Post Match Thread

So glad Ederson saved the pen, what a travesty that would’ve been... Hope Zaha gets a three match ban along with Puncheon.

Other than that, I thought they actually played pretty well and showed other teams the right way to play us: give it a go, come out of your shell.

Again, I think you are misreading him. He is laughing (obviously IMO) at how horrifying a tackle it was and that he got away with it, i.e. irony

Agree. I’m not one to support Owen usually. In fact this is a first. However, he was glowing about us and Guardiola before the game and (I believe) laughing at the irony over the tackle. He’s not a malicious guy.

He was also the one to call Zaha for diving.

Not going to focus on the hack job in my post. We all feel the same.

For me and I've said it all season, Gundogan isn't up to the level needed to drive this team. That performance was utter shite. We were crying out for someone to take hold of the game in the middle. Two things negated us. Gundogan doing sweet fuck all just mincing around at jogging pace and Bernardo Silva hugging a touchline they wanted him to have. The difference in how Sterling went inside compared to Silva was huge.

Both of those players need to seriously step up. Fucking passengers.

This. I've been seriously disappointed with both of them. Playing Silva right wing instead of Sterling (our one in form attacking player) was a joke.

So glad Ederson saved the pen, what a travesty that would’ve been... Hope Zaha gets a three match ban along with Puncheon.

Other than that, I thought they actually played pretty well and showed other teams the right way to play us: give it a go, come out of your shell.

I just hope Hodgson doesn't pass on the "blueprint to beating City" on to the other managers in the League.. obviously he knows the right tactics to use, obviously you nedd the right players to shut down the lines etc.

Jesus. I which I had this recorded on the PC so I can edit it out as a video. The way Puncheon is eying up Kevin during the penalty is Malace Aforethought. How the fuck the FA can concievably let Puncheon get away with that is just fucking unbelievable.

Sadly when Silva isn't available and Kev has an off day, there is no one else good enough to provide that little bit of magic or quality that can make the difference in the final third .....Bernardo and Gundogan are good players in their own right but just can't compare to KDB/Merlin

Raheem to be fair made a slight difference when he came on

Sane completely ineffective but zero support from Danilo ....made me realise just how much we have missed Mendy and the extra dimension he brings. Can't be long off returning?

Walker class against an in form Zaha

And Ederson yet again steps up when it matters

In the context of the saved pen and the Townsend miss, not a bad point.

Actually- it’s Delph we missed. Mendy played too few games to be “missed”. However, it would have been good to have him today when Deloh was absent!!

Just got home. Thought Otta and walker played well. That was so frustrating to watch and knew they’d have a chance at the end. Sane wtf has happened to him

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.