Palace away....

I think the best way would be to drive to Bedford and get on the Thameslink train to East Croydon, then get one stop back from East Croydon to either Selhurst or Norwood Junction, and walk to the ground from there

Train takes 90 minutes on the way there but 2 hours on the way back but the trains still run after midnight so you are not going to get stuck if it goes to penalties.

Return fare is £23.

It sounds a pain but the rush hour and parking is a real nightmare in South London

Cheshire Blue said:
mancitymick said:
If there any RAGS on here, They can settle this debate
"How long does it take to get from london to salford?

lol its like a GCSE maths question.

You are a rag heading for your annual day trip to the swamp. Kick off is at 15:00.

Your Journey takes 1 hour to london Euston from Surrey, the train from Euston to Piccadilly take 2 hours 5 minutes and includes 3 stops. A connection to Stretford by tram including waiting times takes 35 minutes.

If you also want to take 27 minutes to take pictures (to show in the pub to prove ur a season ticket holder, blatently lying), have a little cry under the M**** clock and visit the shop to get ur lastest replica shirt and being told by the shop girl Tevez no longer plays for United, so buy the Rooney shirt as hes the only decent player left.

What time do you need to leave ur front door if you want to be in your seat for more pictures 15 minutes before kick off?

a.) 9:45
b.) 10:38
c.) 10:41

defo C, i got a A* in maths ;)

Off topic a bit, but for pre match ale can anyone reccomend a pub near the ground where I'll likely find blue face's? never been to selhurst.

Danny Hoekman said:
Been there many times. Worst ground in the country to get to (for us) IMO.

You want to try a trip to Plymouth!

It took me that long to get there the last time i went i forgot where i was going by the time i arrived!

ColinBall said:
I think the best way would be to drive to Bedford and get on the Thameslink train to East Croydon, then get one stop back from East Croydon to either Selhurst or Norwood Junction, and walk to the ground from there

Train takes 90 minutes on the way there but 2 hours on the way back but the trains still run after midnight so you are not going to get stuck if it goes to penalties.

Return fare is £23.

It sounds a pain but the rush hour and parking is a real nightmare in South London

Its direct from Milton Keynes... and my town is far more glorious than B-town!

4times said:
Was thinking about driving down to Palace in the cup, anyone know what would be the best time to set off? If i can get it off work i will have 3/4 spaces in my car if anyone fancied a lift down, petrol charges tho?

CTID
If your going down in a cup.............maybe leave a bit earlier !!
Sorry mate could not resist that.

This is off the OS:

In a new, regular section on the website, we ask City fans to share their recommendations and tips of the best places to go whilst following the Blues around the country. Here are some tips for any Blues planning on making the trip to Selhurst Park on Thursday night...

Best away fan-friendly pub?

There are several pubs within a fifteen minute walk of the ground however, the best watering hole for away fans is The Railway Telegraph on Brigstock Road; approximately 100 yards down the road from Thornton Heath Railway Station.

Directions and best places to park near the ground?

Leave the M25 at Junction 7 and follow the signs for the A23 to Croydon. At Purley bear left onto the A23 at its junction with the A 235 (to Croydon). You will pass roundabouts and junctions with the A232 and A236 as you pass Croydon, after which the A23 bears left at Thornton Heath (at the Horseshoe pub roundabout). Here you must go straight over, into Brigstock Road (B266), passing Thornton Heath Station on your left and bearing right on to the High Street. At the next mini roundabout, (Whitehorse Road/Grange Road) go left into Whitehorse Lane. The ground is on your right.

There is plenty of street parking in the area, but a lot of it now is either residents only on matchdays or pay and display with a four hour limit. Please note that the traffic can be pretty bad on Saturdays even without football traffic, so make sure you allow yourself some extra time to make the journey.

(taken from <a class="postlink" href="http://www.footballgroundguide.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">www.footballgroundguide.com</a>)

Where do the away fans normally sit/enter the stadium?

City fans will be sat in one side of the Arthur Wait Stand near to the Holmesdale Road End. The away section normally accommodates up to 2,000 visiting supporters. The Arthur Wait is quite an old stand and if you’re sat in the back rows, your view may be obscured slightly by the overhang of the roof. You may also have to contend with the occasional supporting pillar, too!

Facilities for away fans?

There are full food and beverage facilities available to away fans however get in early or you may find yourself in a bit of a scrum as these areas can get particularly busy close to kick off and at half time.

Atmosphere?

Palace fans get fully behind their team but in a non-intimidating way and there is often a good atmosphere created at Selhurst. Being seen as the underdogs, expect them to be up for Thursday’s game even more than usual. City fans will have to be in good voice to help cheer the Blues on through this potentially tricky encounter.

rickmcfc said:
fuck me, it didnt even take me this long to get to schalke away and that was driving all the way there!!!
Pagie Jnr said:
We Are Setting off at around 12:30 to 1pm so that will give us about 7 hours to get there so should this be ok??

Few years back when Wimbledon were playing at Selhurst (wow that makes me feel old), we set off at 8 am and got to the ground at 14.30. Got to North London for 11.30 and the trip from there with traffic was a nightmare and that was a Saturday afternoon!!!! IMO def the worst ground in the country to get too - and I have done 70 of them so far.

Derbyshire_here said:
Im goin down on the train from macclesfield at about noon my self to London Euston then gettin a cab to Earls Court then just walking plenty of time spare, not worth spending so much on petrol only £30 for a return ticket on trainline.com coz the traffic is a bugger if you hit rush hour!
earls court?? your fuckin miles away bud. unless you wanna go to chelsea!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.