Palace - Post match thread

Cxp28lLW8AAjyzh.jpg
How dare you skip the price tag.

When I saw the team I feared the worst, people travel to South America and play 180 minutes are fit to play, but those that visit London need a rest, weird.

It was reflected in the way we played, started OK, but couldn't keep it up beyond half an hour.

Up front, Nolito huffed and puffed, Sterling did OK, but Aguero and KdB were very poor, and either could have been taken off. One of my mates didn't even realise Aguero had gone off, which summed up how ineffective he was all game, KdB tried but was woefully out of sorts. We weren't great defensively again either, it resembled much of the last 4 months of Pellegrini's reign for me, vulnerable right through the team really, even Fernandhino, who busted a gut for the cause yet again, struggled at times, and he was our best player for me, despite Yaya's two goals.

Makeshift team produced a mediocre performance overall, and beat a very poor Palace side, who look destined to struggle, despite their fighting (some illegal) abilities.

How that assault on Zab was missed is beyond me, but I doubt it will get any mention in the media.

Except we are top of the league.

Nobody gives two shits about indicators, only three points. But here's some indicators for you anyway:
We bossed possession and were statistically superior to CP in every category by a measure
We were missing a number of our best players, notably Stones and Gundogan.
The refereeing was atrocious and Palace should have been down to 10 men.
Generally the successful teams are the ones that pick up three points when not at their best.
Jesus is coming.
City aren't playing with a full Pep squad and will be undoubtedly strengthened further in January and the summer.
Yaya put in a lot more effort today than he has for years and presents another midfield option for the league if he can be consistent.
KDB is the best player in the league.

Enough indicators for you?

sorry positivity not allowed , surely you can find fault with something , if not go and stand in the naughty corner

When I saw the team I feared the worst, people travel to South America and play 180 minutes are fit to play, but those that visit London need a rest, weird.

It was reflected in the way we played, started OK, but couldn't keep it up beyond half an hour.

Up front, Nolito huffed and puffed, Sterling did OK, but Aguero and KdB were very poor, and either could have been taken off. One of my mates didn't even realise Aguero had gone off, which summed up how ineffective he was all game, KdB tried but was woefully out of sorts. We weren't great defensively again either, it resembled much of the last 4 months of Pellegrini's reign for me, vulnerable right through the team really, even Fernandhino, who busted a gut for the cause yet again, struggled at times, and he was our best player for me, despite Yaya's two goals.

Makeshift team produced a mediocre performance overall, and beat a very poor Palace side, who look destined to struggle, despite their fighting (some illegal) abilities.

How that assault on Zab was missed is beyond me, but I doubt it will get any mention in the media.

Palace have only won 5 times in their last 31 games so anything other than a win today would have been a poor result to add to the very poor result against Boro.

It's not really clicking at the moment.

Fortunately we had a great start and are therefore still in a strong position despite the hit and miss performances.

Defensive problems persist and this is the biggest concern for me. I think it's going to be easy to sort the offensive lethargy than the defensive vulnerability and that's why nothing can be taken for granted this year.

I think we will continue to win a lot of games away from home, we just get more space, even though we will naturally have to endure some pressure at times when the home fans get up for it.

Our (Pep's) biggest challenge is to get us playing better at home against the parked bus.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.