Palace - Post match thread

Well I said it would be a tough game despite the bell ends on the pre match predicting stupid scores. Overall we played well today in a really tough fixture. Sometimes you have to win ugly and we did that today. Sterling is just on fire at the moment, KDB was quality 2nd half and I thought bravo did well too.

But ...... pep got it wrong today. Not picking stones on the bench could have cost us. And I also think our full back issue that has been an issue for over a year now has got to be fixed in January. Zabaleta was poor defensively when he came on today and kolarov was equally poor first half. Although he did improve in the 2nd.

If we are to win the league, we would need to sign 2 full backs and a CB in January. Unless (and it's a long shot) kompany stays fit.

Pep got it wrong because not having Stones might have cost us. I would say he got it spot on. Resting key players and getting an away win

He has the elusive ability to actually be able to put the ball in the net. Had that 2nd chance come to Dave or Fern or Navas (to name but three) they would have kicked themselves on the leg, fallen over and skied the ball over the bar.
Absolutely agree with you. Dave and Ferna are brilliant players but they dont get us the goals partic Dave and that I find worrying when you are going for a title. You need goals from everywhere.

Weird decision to leave Stones out of the squad unless he was injured but its a good 3 points and games like that are how you win titles
Crazy to not have Stones on the bench , given Vinnie's situation ,and forcing us to use Zaba.Absolutely delighted with the result but would would prefer more strategic thinking re the choice of subs----- fine margins may be important come May.

The sort of game you need to win if you're going to win the league.
The rags have done that for 20 odd years
I love winning ugly!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.