Palace v City pre match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully the results at the weekend will give us the kick up the arse we need. Palace don't really have anything to play for, and we've got a full squad to choose from. Play like we did against Burnley though and we're in for a long night.

cleavers said:
All MP has to do is get the team selection right.

If we win he will have, if we don't he will have failed.

It doesn't matter what team or formation he picks, that will be the judgement on here tomorrow night.

Personally I think we'll lose 2-1, simply because I don't think our players will be up for it, as they won't see it as a big enough game, no matter who he picks, though I sincerely hope I'm wrong.
I sincerely hope you are wrong as well. Last season against Palace proved to be one of the key games that got us over the line. I recall Dzeko playing well in that game, but he is the forgotten man since the arrival of Bony.

In terms of the lineup, the only thing I am sure about is that he will play Kun and Bony up front. I can't imagine him dropping Yaya so I suppose he and Dinho will be in our midfield.

As Ric said a look at the table will hopefully give them a kick up the rear end. Overall our performances since the turn of the year have been well short of the required standard. I am approaching this game not quite knowing what to expect. If we turn up we should have way too much for them. It's just hard to say which City is going to turn up.

JH, PZ, VK, EM, GC, JN, YT, F, DS, WB, KA.

0 - 3 City. Kun x 2 and Navas.

Personally I think the team will turn up tonight, and likewise for the rest of the season.

Mister Appointment said:

Personally I think the team will turn up tonight, and likewise for the rest of the season.
That'd be my side, if I thought Yaya could be relied on to turn up, I have a feeling Milner will start.

Hope you're right on the result, and even more on the score, though I'm not feeling very optimistic.

Mister Appointment said:

Never a good sign when you get confident.

cleavers said:
Mister Appointment said:

That'd be my side, if I thought Yaya could be relied on to turn up, I have a feeling Milner will start.

Hope you're right on the result, and even more on the score, though I'm not feeling very optimistic.

I don't think you can point at one player when it comes to matches like tonight. If the collective plays as they should, then we'll win. I expect them to because I expect them to have seen the games/results over the weekend and to realise that regardless of how our season has panned out and whether or not we're in a title race, we have an awful lot to play for in the last 8 games.

Thing is at places like this we make enough chances to win 2 games it's the finishing that's let us down in the last month or 2

We have to match the intensity that palace will start with and we need to control the game as much as possible. Palace are quality in front of their own fans and the atmosphere will be loud and full on. Hopefully we can get an early goal to silence them abit and then get back to dominating games.

Hart
Zab
Vinny
Mangala
Clichy
Fernandihno
Milner
Yaya
Nasri
Silva
Aguero

Would be my preference but i think manuel will go:

Hart
Zab
Vinny
Mangala
Clichy
Fernandihno
Yaya
Milner
Navas
Bony
aguero

We MUST NOT get beat though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.