Palace v City pre match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
richards30 said:
We have to match the intensity that palace will start with and we need to control the game as much as possible. Palace are quality in front of their own fans and the atmosphere will be loud and full on. Hopefully we can get an early goal to silence them abit and then get back to dominating ga

Would be my preference but i think manuel will go:

Hart
Zab
Vinny
Mangala
Clichy
Fernandihno
Yaya
Milner
Navas
Bony
aguero

We MUST NOT get beat though!

I cant see Manuel leaving Silva out

Hate to be a pessimistic bugger but this has banana peel slip up written all over it.

We've lost to Stoke, Newcastle, Middlesboro, CSKA, Burnley and more. What do they all have in common? They can't match our talent but they all had more desire than us. Think it'll be the same tonight as our whole squad sans Kun and Dave look like they'd wipe their arses with our shirt. Half of the squad have no faith in our dipshit manager and the other half will be booted out come summer.

Not looking forward to this one bit.

Mister Appointment said:
I don't think you can point at one player when it comes to matches like tonight. If the collective plays as they should, then we'll win. I expect them to because I expect them to have seen the games/results over the weekend and to realise that regardless of how our season has panned out and whether or not we're in a title race, we have an awful lot to play for in the last 8 games.
Its not really the player himself, just the type of game he'll need to play tonight. I just don't think he has it in him any more, however if played as a number 10, with cover behind, I think he'd be a match winner, as he often is (was), but we can't and won't do that, as we have better options, so he'll play in a midfield 2 again, leaving Fernandhino (or Fernando - but I hope its the former) too much work to do against a hard working midfield. Bony will start, and he isn't leaving Aguero out, so that's 2 up front, which leaves Silva largely wide, which doesn't suit him, and often doesn't help the defence.

As you say, if they all play at or near their best then we will win, but we need to take our chances when they come, and we don't need any screw ups at the back. I'm just not confident we'll get all of those together, not with that team anyway.

Ric said:
Hopefully the results at the weekend will give us the kick up the arse we need. Palace don't really have anything to play for, and we've got a full squad to choose from. Play like we did against Burnley though and we're in for a long night.

I agree with this.
All we need do is play with a high tempo and deny Palace the ball and we'll have 3 points in the bag.
If we don't beat sides like Palace (No disrespect to palace) then we don't deserve a top 4 spot.

101toMR said:
Ric said:
Hopefully the results at the weekend will give us the kick up the arse we need. Palace don't really have anything to play for, and we've got a full squad to choose from. Play like we did against Burnley though and we're in for a long night.

I agree with this.
All we need do is play with a high tempo and deny Palace the ball and we'll have 3 points in the bag.
If we don't beat sides like Palace (No disrespect to palace) then we don't deserve a top 4 spot.

to be fair this season we have, only burnley and west ham where we have failed and the west ham game it was the alamo towards the end.
there was the qpr draw as well

in general we beat these type of teams

cleavers said:
Mister Appointment said:
I don't think you can point at one player when it comes to matches like tonight. If the collective plays as they should, then we'll win. I expect them to because I expect them to have seen the games/results over the weekend and to realise that regardless of how our season has panned out and whether or not we're in a title race, we have an awful lot to play for in the last 8 games.
Its not really the player himself, just the type of game he'll need to play tonight. I just don't think he has it in him any more, however if played as a number 10, with cover behind, I think he'd be a match winner, as he often is (was), but we can't and won't do that, as we have better options, so he'll play in a midfield 2 again, leaving Fernandhino (or Fernando - but I hope its the former) too much work to do against a hard working midfield. Bony will start, and he isn't leaving Aguero out, so that's 2 up front, which leaves Silva largely wide, which doesn't suit him, and often doesn't help the defence.

As you say, if they all play at or near their best then we will win, but we need to take our chances when they come, and we don't need any screw ups at the back. I'm just not confident we'll get all of those together, not with that team anyway.

Some people, not me I'd like to add, have suggested that Toure won't play again tonight. I see what you're saying about the two man midfield, but I simply don't agree. There's absolutely no reason that him and Dinho can't boss Palace's midfield and load the bullets for Kun and Bony.

Like Rammy said though, if I"m confident it's probably a bad sign. I won't hide though if we do lose ;)

Ric said:

So which team will turn up tonight.? Away at WHU - lost 2-1 , Away at QPR drew 2-2 , Away at burnley lost 1-0 and
a awful display at Leic. won 1-0, thanks to a Lamps scuffed shot.

OR Good wins away at Hull 4-2 , Saints.3-0 , Sund. 4-1, WBA 3-1 and Stoke 4-1. We drew at Arse and Chelsea(we were much the better team on the day/evening). -

I see Sagna in for Zabs(congrats. on your son), Vinny,Mangala , Clichy, Navas , Silva , Yaya , Milner, with Bony and Aguero up front.
Can see Aguero scoring tonight - he seems to be coming back to form - unlucky to hit the post(s) at Anfield and against West Brom.
Come on City give us all a lift - into 2nd place - please. 1-3 win

Edit: forgot about the 2 Ferny's. - Doh!.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.