Paralympics Paris

Just catching up on Dame Sarah Storey's heroics. Her 9th Paralympics, 32 years being at the top of sport across 2 different disciplines, that's ridiculous. Her first paralympics was Barcelona in 92, I wasn't even born!

Small point of order here, she can't have done 9 Paralympics half of those must have been other championships mate.

Either way it's a great achievement.

100 medals exactly for team GB with one day left , i am so invested in the paralympics that i just dont see their disabilities at all , i really would like to encourage people to watch it next time , i know so many more of them than the other olympians and their stories stay with me a while and i really love their achievements so much

i did find the blind judo a bit difficult to watch earlier as it was very slow but that is the only bit i have not loved

Having the last leg on every nite has been a treat , they only exist as a show as they started out covering the 2012 paralympics , they were risky according to some as they would explain about disability and dealt in some dark humour, the viewers could send in questions and they would answer honestly . I think a lot of people found it confronting but us brits got behind the atheletes because of the last leg boys

Last edited:
Superb from Hannah Cockcroft again there, just in a class apart, and has been for so long. The time, in relative terms, wasn’t even that special, but the sun was never in doubt. Her arms and shoulders must've been absolutely on fire after that.

Would be interesting to see what kind of times able-bodied athletes would do, sat in a similar chair.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.