Paralympics Paris

Incredibly proud seeing us sat 2nd in the medal table. Shows were doing something right for our disabled athletes, probably in spite of some of the policies that have come in, in recent years.
It is brilliant looking at the medals table. I can’t believe how far in front of America we are either, perhaps they don’t take sport for people with all types of abilities, I won’t type disabilities on purpose, as they do with the Olympics. Perhaps they feel it’s not worth the money or the effort. Well I can assure them, anyone who has seen any of the coverage over the last few Paralympics will tell them differently.

I’ve been on garden leave all summer and enjoyed watching the euros, olympics, and now the paraolympics …… the latter has been by far the most enjoyable to watch, all of the British athletes are phenomenal and a real credit to us all and some really touching/genuine reactions to winning…superhumans indeed!

Do they have table tennis in the paralympics?
Saw a video this week of 2 guys in wheelchairs playing table tennis and it was the most ridiculous sport you'll ever see. Just hitting it with spin so it bounces off so the other person has no chance of getting near it when sat down. Then the other serves and does the same.

Do they have table tennis in the paralympics?
Saw a video this week of 2 guys in wheelchairs playing table tennis and it was the most ridiculous sport you'll ever see. Just hitting it with spin so it bounces off so the other person has no chance of getting near it when sat down. Then the other serves and does the same.
Dude from Brighton beat a German guy in the quarters earlier…..was a pretty good match tbf

Dame Sarah Storey not happy with the course despite winning her 18th Paralympics gold medal in the time trial. It's 8km shorter than any she's raced before at a games and described it as being appalling that they didn't have parity with the men's race. Congratulations to her for another magnificent achievement and good luck for Friday's road race.

The Last Leg in Paris tonight. It’s a good job I’m recording it as well as I’m laughing so much at one joke I miss the next one and have to rewind.
Adam Hills bringing the hand held mic for the guy with no hands!! You could really tell he went bright red!

@vincent, is that your wife’s cousin cutting Adam’s hair tonight?

I just love this programme!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.