Paris 2024 Olympics Thread - 11th August (pg 430)

About 1 in 4 of us being thick as fuck. The true answer is <1%. 1 in 16 think they could make the 100m in LA or the Cycling team haha.

I wonder what sports you'd get closest in, I imagine a lot of the non-physical sports, Archery, Shooting are your best chances.

Maybe each Olympic race needs a “normal” athlete in it to show how good these athletes are.

Currently sat in a bar in northern Italy watching the Italian volleyball girls give it large with their quality anthem! Proper joyful stuff which is how it should be.

Given the challenges associated with the last Olympics I imagine the IOC will be very happy with the French. They've got behind it and embraced it in a similar way we did to London 2012, well done to them.

I am thinking we have definitely deteriorated from the last 4 Olympic Games and I think I have found the reason. The CEO of the British Olympic Association is Andy Anson, who is also the Chair of Lancashire County Cricket Club, who are having a garbage season. And I can prove it’s his fault, he is a fucking rag

I disagreed with your analysis until the last sentence and now I'm having to rethink my position.

The curtain about to close on the Olympics. Thoroughly enjoyed it as usual. The racing sports e.g swimming, rowing, cycling and the Athletics being my favourites.
Always enjoy it when we win unexpected medals.
On the downside. I had to follow a lot of it via the BBC website due to work etc and the endless bigging up of GB athletes who ultimately didn’t win or get near was infuriating. Team GB were the Rags of the Olympics going solely by the Beeb.

Given the challenges associated with the last Olympics I imagine the IOC will be very happy with the French. They've got behind it and embraced it in a similar way we did to London 2012, well done to them.
I think the French put on a superb show, highlighting Paris and using existing venues and cultural buildings to showcase their city.
The beach volleyball held under the Eiffel Tower
The Taekwondo in the Grand Palais (stunning)
Equestrian at the Palace of Versailles
Boxing at Roland Garros.
Swimming on the Racing rugby ground
No unnecessary buildings erected.

All the beds were made of recyclable cardboard.

They seemed to have got an awful lot right

A very good Olympics. Great to have crowds again and with it being so accessible to so many its been fantastic. The sailing events pretty poorly organised, you can't control the weather but it's clearly not the best place for it. Swimming in the Seine...probably not the greatest idea either but got there in the end.

Some excellent drama and a good performance overall from GB in terms of overall medals. However, not a great performance with too many missed chances seeing us lose 5-6 golds. To end up below the Dutch, Aussies and French is a bit disappointing.

Bring on LA!
On the US charts we finished third.

Excellent medals total but missed a few golds that on another day; also potentially robbed of one due to poor officiating.

Mainly watched in the evenings die to work but most enjoyable. Certainly the best event since 2012; went to three events there so that will never be bettered for me. Might think about going to L.A. Ss we have friends that live there, who just happened to stay with us (in the UK) last week.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.