Paris 2024 Olympics Thread - 11th August (pg 430)

Not sure population is a good mark, otherwise India would win loads
4 of their top 5 most popular sports are cricket football, badminton and field hockey.
Their second most popular is a new one to me.

Kabbadi? Millions play it. Havent a clue what it is?

It's been a really good games, GB are well down on gold medals compared to Tokyo but i still think we've done pretty well.
The Olympic games are special

One more medal overall though. UK Sport measure performance on raw medal count, they don't care much for the colour given there can be such a fine line between gold and silver. They targeted 50-70 medals so we're on the stronger end of the performance scale with 65.

Also, really important is they wanted a broader coverage in medals across different sports, and they have achieved that in a big way. By my count, Team GB have medals in 23 different sporting categories, the broadest spread of any nation ever. In Tokyo they had medals in 18 different sports. We compete at a high level in nearly everything, and I think that diversity is the best thing about our performance.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.