Paris Saint-Germain (A) - CL | Post-Match Thread

I thought we played really well, just as usual when it’s a game like tonight we just haven’t got the striker to hit in the box. So much possession and no one to focus on getting it to, imagine for example having Dzeko tonight.

Anyway, assume it’s been mentioned, but Bernie would have been offside if he’d have put in Sterling’s rebound so that one’s on Raz and no one else.

He wasn’t, just watched it back and he’s behind sterling’s right leg.

Was I watching a different game to many on here? Thought we played well and created lots of chances. Maybe a Harry Kane would put one away but I’m not going to point the blame at not buying a striker every time we don’t score. Donnarumma was excellent and we got done by a nice finish and some Messi briliance. We deserved a draw. I’m actually feeling weirdly very positive after this defeat.

Well Pep should have made sure Tkiki got one.
This Pep is blameless when it comes to not having a striker is rubbish. He knew Kun was gone, he's here long enough to know Jesus is not the one. he didn't see the point in keeping Delap. He toys with the idea of making torres into one but then decides No.
We have kept delap.
He played for the Eds last week

I thought was a brilliant performance,we had all play,sterlin was awfull but nothin new,im amazed he even gets in this team now,he actually miss controled it in middle for there first goal,but all in all was very happy with performance,bernado has to bag,but is what is
It was brilliant from the back 7 if you include Bernardo. I have no criticism of them whatsoever they were all fantastic I don't think we did anywhere near enough going forward though. literally all the talk before the game was about them being poor defensively and can be exposed yet we barely troubled them. Plenty of sideways balls around the edge of the box from one side to the other without really threatening to get into the box and score.

Our best chance was a magic cross from kdb and a decent enough header with a rebound and the second best was a corner. That doesn't sound like city. A few balls down the channel for cross come shots that were comfortable saves for donarumma and a freekick were the only other notable chances.
reading that it makes me wonder how we have ever won a game!
What is that even supposed to mean? It's a comment on tonights game, a game we lost and a game I don't think we cn have any complaints about losing. What does winning any previous game have to do with tonight?

Would so love it if we beat them Sunday. Tonight it just wouldn't go in. We were much the better side. Need to take the chances on Sunday. Got to play with a striker .
Just hope the last two games havnt taken their toll, Kev seemed to be playing within himself a bit tonight, hope thats to be fit for sunday. Agree about a striker but theres only Jesus ahead of Torres, but will be happy with that if Jack/Bernie/Kev and Phil all start.

Generally we are playing well and I suppose psg got their tactics right, but we have to convert more of our chances when it really matters in the cl or we are gonna fall just short. Still think the ref was bent though, gave us nothing till we went two down, par for the course in that comp though.

I really don’t understand why some people must go ott when we lose. PSG are a good team, we tried but they beat us so we move on to Sunday
Well said, we haven’t lost to a shit team for example the rags. That front three of theirs would give any side on the planet shudders

Any views on the Laporte pen shout? That and the Bernardo miss first half felt like key moments but not seen many views on the pen incident

Disappointing result but I thought overall we outplayed them until we went 2 down, Kev had perhaps his worst game I've seen in ages, their defence in the second half was really good, verratti was his usual dirty snide self and the ref had a shocker. The worst thing of the whole game was the fckin BT coverage, I thought I had somehow tuned into Paris tv, fake Humphrey and camel gob were bad but the match commentary gits fck me they were terrible. Hey ho, onwards to the next game against the dippers!

I was a huge Grealish fan for a good while and delighted we bought him but while he’s playing fine, nice control, doesn’t give the ball away, he’s not actually doing much in terms of penetrating or creating, he just seems to run with the defender facing him up then pass back to Cancelo or whoever

I think it’s 2 things, 1, he’s new at a big club and he needs the confidence to not be scared to lose it and 2, he’s got fuck all to aim for in the middle when he gets there

we really need to go all out for Harland, he really will be the difference in just dominating the ball or burying teams

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.