Paris Saint-Germain (A) - CL SF | Post-Match Thread

The goals were very lucky but that's what happens when you lay siege to the opponent's goal. Such a brave performance. Pep spoke in advance about embracing the occasion and we really did. Well done to every player but we are only half way there.

This reminds me of the Dortmund 2nd leg. We went into that game 2-1 up and were caught out for the first half as we were trying to control the game. We have to be very aggressive again and push them back.

They will be play-acting again and trying to get players yellow carded.

Good first 5 minutes.

Shocking next 10 minutes, capped off by their goal.

Rest of the first half was full of so many uncharacteristic errors it was incredible, yet we still manage to miss a gilt edged chance to go in 1-1.

Second half starts and we spend 15 minutes dictating the game, yet we create absolutely diddle shit until a complete fluke and appallling keeping, game on.

Then we finally come to the table, funnily enough once Zinchenko is on which I said is who should start to give us natural width (Give me Pep’s wages), and we dominate.

Funny as fuck with the winner, tiniest of gaps yet we manage to find it.

Nice red for them to take sting out, yet that made it difficult for us to know whether to stick or twist, last thing we needed to do was concede a stupid equaliser, yet we have a couple of half chances for the third.

Happy fucking days.

Absolutely brilliant result. Cancelo dreadful 45 and Rodri was pointless but other than that we were sensational all over the pitch.

PSG were very very good, we did well to stay in it first half and dig in, which is something we never have to do then Pep worked his magic and we put in a brilliant second half.

Given the circumstances, I have to say the last 15 was disappointing, we should have really gone for the throat, they'll be delighted to escape just a goal down.

Pep nailed it tonight as did the players. Monumental chance to make history next week. Don't throw this away blues.
Lol

Last 10mins of the first half it looked like the penny dropped for us, PSG looked gassed and once Zinchenko replaced Cancelo (sensible sub as on a yellow), then we completely roasted them to be fair. Not being biased at all but we bossed it, moving Foden centrally worked as he has no fear, receive ball, turn, and then power through on goal. He scared them. Also Bernardo/Mahrez and Walker on the overlap worked very well, their LB Bakken couldn't cope with that triangle after having a very solid first half nullifying Mahrez. I am so so happy.
Good summary. And when both sides look back at the game, will be interesting to see what PSG do to combat this. Because we have too much for them across the pitch. (Famous last words, I know.....).

Utterly magnificent second half. Did okay first half and Pep was right that you have to suffer at times. Thought PSG were really good first half, best team I've seen us play this season. However the boys weathered the storm and stuck it right up em
I sometimes think we show the better teams too much respect. When we got our swagger back after our first goal, they couldn't live with us.
Same thing happens in the derby when we show the rags too much respect.
Bobby Manc had the right idea. Fuck 'em.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.