Paris Saint-Germain (A) - CL SF | Post-Match Thread

Need to be careful with yellow cards. I thought the referee did well tonight after our equaliser. Before that, he was shite for a while giving nothing our way. But fair play, refs could easily be pressured in these sort of ties.

Luckily, yellows don't mean anything in this tie. And we escaped a red, Cancelo was close to getting one, but that Zinchenko sub worked wonders.

Difficult first half, but great second half but its only half time lets keep everything crossed for next week, Come on City.

‘Now they need to score just 2’
You ok hun?
Do you think them scoring two goals is highly impossible? You were the clearly better them, but don‘t forget that two goals were completely avoidable. Why shouldn‘t they be able to score 2 lucky goals?

What a brilliant second half performance that was. First half they were the better side and looked a real threat and almost went 2-0 up in the second with that cross on the six yard box that was just too hard. I feared the worst at that point but we were superb after that.

2-1 is a great result away from home. That’s probably why we didn’t go too hung go. 2-2 and it’s a different ball game. Them having to come at us will suit us down to the ground.
Q
What a brilliant 8 days. Villa, Spurs and now this.

Agreed mate. They were the best team in the first half and played some great football, but we dug deep and created the chance for Foden before half time.

Second half, wow. We bossed it from start to finish. It reminded me of the Dortmund game, in that we seemed to wear them down and go up a gear.

Agree, that it felt like there was a third goal in there for us, but going in to the second leg with a lead is the most important thing.

It won't be an easy game next week, but we're in the driving seat and if we play like that again I'm not sure they'll be able to turn it around, even with some of their attacking talent. Really looking forward to it.

Not even sure on the pace question.

But it's not necessarily a slight on sterling. Foden is one in a lifetime
If you take the ball away it’s probably a fair bet that Sterling is considerably quicker than Foden. Put at a ball at their feet and I doubt there’s much in it.

Mahrez is the biggest wild card on this team. Potential to be a game changer every week.

Zinchenko coming on for Cancelo was a turning point. 2nd half intensity in general was completely different.
This and for me that characterizes him well for me. When he gets the game ball, I get the feeling he can create something anytime. X-factor indeed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.