Paris Saint-Germain (A) - CL SF | Post-Match Thread

I don't understand this. PSG outplay us in the first half like nobody else, and then we outplay them even better in the second half. Perhaps they got tired after we upped the tempo.
Our fitness level is so much higher.We run 5 km more as a team than them.I knew right away that they won't be able to sustain our press and passing in the 2nd half like they did in the 1st.

It's a funny old game. There we were all moaning at half time how dominant they were, men against boys blah blah blah. If there's one thing we have more than any other team in this competition it's staying power. It's remarkable how calm we were, didn't get flustered and gradually got back into the game. Actually looking back that last 10 mins of the first half we were starting move the ball around much better and Phil had that wonderful opportunity. The experienced pros like Kev, Gundagon and Rodri were never rattled. PSG couldnt keep the levels of energy up because they don't have to week in week out like we do.
I am not sure it was fitness. City dominated from the 46th minute. I think it was more a mentality thing. Their goal rocked us for 20 mins. And then we rocked them. I thought they'd come back into it at 1-1 but they didn't /couldn't.

The goals were very lucky but that's what happens when you lay siege to the opponent's goal. Such a brave performance. Pep spoke in advance about embracing the occasion and we really did. Well done to every player but we are only half way there.

This reminds me of the Dortmund 2nd leg. We went into that game 2-1 up and were caught out for the first half as we were trying to control the game. We have to be very aggressive again and push them back.

They will be play-acting again and trying to get players yellow carded.
You could also say PSGs goal was lucky. And apart from that they created next to nothing

Would have to be Wembley mate
It’s a big if, but both English clubs reach the final then surely common sense (not normally associated with UEFA) must happen and the game be moved to somewhere in England. Even if fans can’t attend why, during a pandemic, would UEFA want everyone travelling unnecessarily.

So,the two best teams on the planet slugging it out.
Proper game and old-fashioned in a way,tackles flying in, great football,one team dominating each half,Bill Leivers and George Hannah would have loved playing in that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.