Paris Saint-Germain (A) - CL SF | Post-Match Thread

Paris ran themselves into the ground in the first half and were knackered.. Brilliant second performance at we could have had 4.. well done lads and proud to be a Blue

Even BT were unbiased tonight for a refreshing change
You're correct.PSG don't get stretched in their domestic league and our football in the second half was just too much for them.
Oh,and Neymar is a twat,fancy having all that skill and resorting to grade A skullduggery.

Samuel Meade of the Daily mirror is gutted. Five talking points of the game was first of course it was a good game because of the combined wealth of both clubs. Bitter twat

What are the yellow card rules, kev and cancelo both carded, if they get one next game would they miss the final if we make it?
3 yellows needed for a ban, matters more in mini league phase and the last 16 game. That's how I read the rules anyway.

As a collective, we should all stop calling him now. He has been brilliant
Genuinely I have him down for player of the year, He has been the most consistent and always one you would put down and the team sheet straight away.
He always showed glimpses but not enough, Now being a constant starter he has been sublime to watch.

Lots of talk about the free kick finding a lucky hole and the keeper not getting down to it. What this overlooks is the cleverness of Mahrez: every single person in that stadium expected KDB to hit that. Mahrez caught everyone by surprise and that’s why the wall jumped weirdly and the keeper flqpped.
Well said. Anyone that thinks that was a lucky goal is a fucking simpleton.

Respect to Mbappe, gets tackled and gets up and just gets on with it, no drama.
Neymar on the other hand ...
you havent watched much of him, i see
hes always on the floor, much like neymar
I am not sure it was fitness. City dominated from the 46th minute. I think it was more a mentality thing. Their goal rocked us for 20 mins. And then we rocked them. I thought they'd come back into it at 1-1 but they didn't /couldn't.
i cant tell you right now exactly what changed but the way city press changed about thirty minutes in. Also, kevin stopped playing with his back to their goal in the second half, foden joined him in the middle and the fullbacks started to overlap. city kind played in a very fluid 3-5-2 in the second half, as i predicted pep might do in the pre match

So, yeah a lot of adjustments by pep, but yes, the team was more agressive and assertive in their attitude, closing them down faster, being more physical, fouling more. Dias beat the shit out of both mbappe and neymar, not in a dirty way, just tougher

It was a poor free-kick. A moment of real luck.
It was. But the irony was we were fouled at least half a dozen times in the second half without being awarded a free kick. The first time we finally get one, we score.

I am not sure it was fitness. City dominated from the 46th minute. I think it was more a mentality thing. Their goal rocked us for 20 mins. And then we rocked them. I thought they'd come back into it at 1-1 but they didn't /couldn't.
Yes mentality for sure Marvin. This team was never rattled tonight but how many times this season have we seen Kev and Bernie still pressing in the 85th minute. Surely that means we have built up a level of endurance that will allow us to keep going and get better as the game progresses and the opposition tires. If (huge if ) we do end up getting through this I think Id rather play Real Madrid than Chelsea.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.