Paris Saint-Germain (A) - CL SF | Post-Match Thread

I don't think their heads will go. They need a 2-1 to level it. And they will have a week to get their heads around what they have to do. They were 1-0 up and buzzing and it quickly turned. Now the situation is very different.

This is a side that can definitely score 2 goals in 2 minutes. They have genius in them.

We really must not get cocky. All we have got is a 1 goal lead in what will be a long 90 minutes.
Fair enough but I still do, I saw how their heads went in this game and I can see it happening again.

2 away goals, 1-0 up and we'd have every right to feel confident from that position. It's not cocky to be confident in being able to defend against them, we've already done it. That's credit where it's due, Mbappe and Neymar started the game well too if anything so there's no excuses there. If we make mistakes at the back, they will be on it but we already knew that before the game. They didn't create many chances even when they were ontop. We are also capable of playing better going forward with the amount of time we spent in their final third in the second half. That was wave after wave of sustained pressure that got to them.

Giving them too much respect would be just as big a mistake, the second leg of the Dortmund tie was an example of just that, we started fearful rather than positive as we should have(Gundo pretty much conceded that). I don't want to see that mindset. Expecting to have to weather an early storm and take our opportunities to counter with the space that provides, is what I'd go with. It depends how Poch has them set up though, the longer they go without a goal the more desperate the situation becomes. 2 away goals and a win is what we have, advantage City.

We would have wanted to win the home tie whatever happened tonight and both teams are capable of playing better. So it's right to say the job isn't finished yet and the toughest test may be yet to come but they should be ready to face that prospect even more now because confidence and self belief are positive factors that helps elevate a players game, more often than not.

Last edited:
Just need the football gods to smile on us this weekend and clinch the title, then we go in to the second legs as Premier League Champions!
It's a football social media blackout this weekend. That could take the shine off?

Personally I would prefer we beat Crystal Palace, but the rags and dippers draw, so they both lose points, then we can get the PL title by our own efforts rather than another team losing it?

The matchday thread is quite possibly one of the worst places on the internet, and I've been on 4chan!

Brilliant 2nd half. In fact, other than 25 minutes, we were much the better side.

I wonder if the people currently slagging Sterling were part of the FFS Mahrez gang. Who would have thought incredibly talented footballers playing 50+ games a year may suffer from dips in form. Good job they've got the support of Bluemoon's finest.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.