Paris Saint-Germain (A) - CL SF | Post-Match Thread

Marvin that post is a load of shite and you know it. Are you even a blue?

Things changed in the second half for us due to the fact we played OUR game instead of trying to nullify Mbappe and the cheating ****. Pep asked them to be more aggressive in the second half and to play 10-15 metres further up the pitch.
He moved Foden more inside when the naturally left footed Zin came on (was a revelation) and dropped Kev deeper. The fact that we made them look ordinary second half wasn't luck, wasn't by chance it was the fact WE played OUR usual game and PSG couldn't handle it. Someone said very early on in the pre match thread that PSG tire in the last 20/30 minutes as they aren't used to the speed and stamina of the Premier League and don't need it for 90 minutes in their farmers league. We made 2 of the best strikers in World football look hugely ordinary, it wasn't a fluke, it wasn't luck it was the fact we have better players all over the pitch than them bar striker which we don't even play with.
I couldn't be prouder this morning of the blues and I don't think I ever have been. From Ederson to Foden, right through the team you could see the hunger and fight. Do this again in the second leg and we go to the final.
On a side note theyre diving and play acting and moaning and whinging was the worst I've ever seen. Rile them early doors at the Etihad and I could see them getting another red.
I have to say Neymar is the single most horrible footballer I've ever seen attempt the dark arts of football as its all he ever seems to do. Touch him he rolls round like he's been shot, he fouls you (dias tackle) and he trys to insist he did nothing wrong. I couldn't hate a footballer more than him I don't think. He tried to ref the game all night too. So so so glad we have no one of his ilk at the football club and hope we never do.
Good post.

Congratulations to those subbing KDB, moments before he equalized.
I would have subbed him after his yellow though. No point in risking it and he was already knackered. Bringing on Jesus would have helped with keeping the pressure on and we might have got a 3rd.

wish we wouldnt look so vulnerable when defending corners, yet we dont look too threatening when taking a direct corner - like tonight we seem to score more when playing around the box with stones and dias staying up after the corner has been taken
I wish we could start doing corners like that - hard in-swinging shots into the box. Always dangerous. It's like we just don't care at all when it come to corners, it's just a mean to remain in possession not a goal-scoring opportunity in itself.

I disagree with your assessment that this was the ‘same as the Spurs game’ at our place from the Spurs perspective.

At no point in the game did Spurs outplay us during the whole 90 mins, where as we completely dominated PSG for the entire 2nd half. They were on the ropes for a long while and they were arguably lucky we didn’t score more than 2 in the end.

We had chances galore against Spurs also whereas PSG didn’t actually have that many clear chances and Mbappe had one of the toughest games of his whole career in terms of trying to get a shot off.

Yeah, a couple of things went our way for the goals but I’d argue scoring from a corner also has an element of chance about it as well.
Its not lucky that we have won virtually every game home and away bar a couple..dominating the ball it is obviously proven by the results.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.