Paris Saint-Germain (A) - CL SF | Post-Match Thread

Wow! What a fantastic second half performance!

Although we had our moments in the first 45, we were clearly outplayed by PSG, who fully deserved their half-time lead.

However, we were a completely different proposition in the second half. We dominated in the way that City supporters are used to seeing.

We kept the ball brilliantly, passed PSG to death and frustrated the hell out of them, which led to the red card.

Yes, both goals had a touch of fortune about them, but they all count the same. I think PSG were fooled into thinking that Kevin was going to take the free-kick - we certainly were - and Riyad's shot took them completely by surprise.

The tie is far from won, but tonight was a giant leap towards our first CL final. Now we have to finish the job at Etihad on Tuesday.
I didn't think there was that much in it in the first half. We had a couple of chances, there's were no better apart from the set piece but a good ball in and any team can score from a corner. We edged possession and passing, just needed to drop the fear factor and have a go IMO, which is exactly what happened.

Last edited:
A better second half from us. I was worried at half time that we had finally come across a team that were genuinely better than us. Our class showed after half time and we fully deserve to go back home with a win. Mbappe and Neymar are absolutely quality though, without them they would be average.

Kev, Gundo, Phil, Rodders, Mahrez, Bernardo all to be rested against Palace. They can’t afford to rest players so we’ll have some fresh legs over them next week.
Pochettino is a bottler.
He breeds bottling teams.

you havent watched much of him, i see
hes always on the floor, much like neymar

i cant tell you right now exactly what changed but the way city press changed about thirty minutes in. Also, kevin stopped playing with his back to their goal in the second half, foden joined him in the middle and the fullbacks started to overlap. city kind played in a very fluid 3-5-2 in the second half, as i predicted pep might do in the pre match

So, yeah a lot of adjustments by pep, but yes, the team was more agressive and assertive in their attitude, closing them down faster, being more physical, fouling more. Dias beat the shit out of both mbappe and neymar, not in a dirty way, just tougher
I’m not saying Mbappe doesn’t end up on the floor. I’m saying he doesn’t roll over and over grimacing like a thespian, or run yards to get in the referees face trying to get opponents booked or sent off.
But yeah, I’ll admit I haven’t seen him play a lot; that’s just my impression comparing the two of them tonight.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.