Parker about City

Damocles said:
NewbBlue said:
Tevez as a lone front man just isn't working. He has to work far too hard, frequently against two centers ganging up on him. Drop someone and get a real front man in there like Ade or Mario. Or buy Dzeko.

Without someone like that we have no presence inside the penalty box. Hard to score relying on midfielders who are nowhere near goal. Our creative players will always be outnumbered without someone stretching the defence near the goal.

You are misunderstanding the system of play that has been wildly successful all over the world. Have a look at the Mancini Inter Tactics thread to get a view on it. Tevez is doing a fantastic job, and the system is working well.

This is one thing I don't understand-- where is Ade's place on this team? If Tevez is a lone striker, what happens to him?

I'm not understanding how we incorporate our number 9 in a 4-5-1 where Tevez is the only forward.

When i saw Silva linking up with Tevez at White hart lane at the beginning of the season i thought last seasons nightmare was over.Yesterday Carlito got battered by sunderland and went deep every time looking for the ball and even ended up on the fucking wing like Adebayor last season.get it fucking sorted Mancini before Tevez becomes the latest one to get fed up!

NewbBlue said:
Damocles said:
You are misunderstanding the system of play that has been wildly successful all over the world. Have a look at the Mancini Inter Tactics thread to get a view on it. Tevez is doing a fantastic job, and the system is working well.

This is one thing I don't understand-- where is Ade's place on this team? If Tevez is a lone striker, what happens to him?

I'm not understanding how we incorporate our number 9 in a 4-5-1 where Tevez is the only forward.

Good question and one that I can't answer. To be blunt, I don't think he does fit in the current system (which is more like a 4-2-1-2-1 than 4-5-1).

When Ade comes off the bench for us, we usually switch to a 4-3-2-1 with Ade the loneman and Tevez/Silva behind him and Milner in the centre.

I can't quite remember what we played against Timosara when Ade played but I seem to recall a staggered 4-4-2 system with Jo playing just off Ade.<br /><br />-- Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:06 pm --<br /><br />
scowy68 said:
When i saw Silva linking up with Tevez at White hart lane at the beginning of the season i thought last seasons nightmare was over.Yesterday Carlito got battered by sunderland and went deep every time looking for the ball and even ended up on the fucking wing like Adebayor last season.get it fucking sorted Mancini before Tevez becomes the latest one to get fed up!

That's his job. If he were to stay up front all the time, he wouldn't be doing his job; he's a false nine. It's the same how Don Revie used to play for us in the Revie plan, or how (Puskas?) played against us when England got twatted 6-3 by Hungary known as the day that England woke up.

Fair do's and Shrek does a similair job for the rags but he suffered burn out last season and i fear the same thing will happen to Tevez,i'm hoping Balotelli will take some of the work load off him and we get to see more of Silva linking up the midfield and attack.

I think most on here now agree that one of De Jong,Barry or Toure has to be sacrificed now and again.

Matt Diablo said:
if he plays the same midfield 3 combo at home to Blackburn I will be pissed off -but he won't.... will he??!!

I hope he does, worked a treat against the scousers. Was that not good enough for you?

moomba said:
Matt Diablo said:
if he plays the same midfield 3 combo at home to Blackburn I will be pissed off -but he won't.... will he??!!

I hope he does, worked a treat against the scousers. Was that not good enough for you?

wasn't working yesterday and should have been changed earlier.

scowy68 said:
moomba said:

It was working yesterday, but when performance levels dropped we got overrun.

It's not always about tactics, when individuals play worse than their opponents they sometimes get beat.

moomba said:
scowy68 said:

It was working yesterday, but when performance levels dropped we got overrun.

It's not always about tactics, when individuals play worse than their opponents they sometimes get beat.

it worked first half and then they got to grips in the second half,just think Silva should have been introduced earlier and that would have given their defence more to deal with instead of just Tevez running up blind alleys all the time,if we had nicked a goal that would have killed the game off.Just think we need to be a bit more adventerous against inferior opposition.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.