Parker agreed terms (or has he?) [Merged]

Re: Parker agreed terms [Merged]

Sry on my phone no ideas why I had repeated posts... LOL

(on the "Micah Richards is best defender in Europe" thread within a thread)

Don't normally comment, but feel compelled on this one:

Richards was propelled into City folklore (and national fame) after that last minute headed goal vs Villa (and subsequent swearing on tv) and similar vs Everton... and everyone was shocked by the physical presence he had at 17/18 years of age.
This guy has gone backwards this season... has poor control... poor reading of the game and an on-pitch attitude that stinks (that "bump" into Kompany in a European game sums him up).
His heading ability is not great and he seems to have lost some of his pace.
If ever there was a case for dropping someone into reserves to lose some of their bigheaded attitude it would be him.
For all Dunne's limitations, I would drop Richards first.

p.s. Unlike some on this forum, I am happy with Bridge / Parker and will be even happier if Santa Cruz arrives. He is great at holding up ball and bringing others (i.e. Ireland / Robinho) into play... as well as being one of the best headers of a ball in the Premier League.
After years of dross with City, I can wait a little longer for the likes of Kaka / Villa / Aguero...
I would just settle for a team that is more difficult to beat in short-term.

and there is that fatal few words that every striker that has come to city had had as a positive.......he is great at holding the ball up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im sick to death of hearing it.......we need a striker who can create goals on his own when we need, one who plays on the shoulder of the last defender, one who can beat a man with skill and pace.....RSC can do none of these......this will be another name to add to the long list of failed strikers at city in the last few seasons

the only bonus to this is that we are getting rid of TBH

BlueBoy86 said:
I'm sick of people whining about not getting Kaka,Villa,Messi,Ribery,Eto'o...c'mon guys get real..Do you think those guys are going to come now at mid-season.No ,I dont think so. We need to build slowly not by directly gettin players like Kaka. Hughes is doing the right thing by getting players that knwo the league well. Even Chelsea bought average players like Bridge,Lampard(average then), Tiago,Smertin,Parker,Carvalho,Ferreira....then they built on that with Drogba,Essien,Robben.
Still, I dont see Kaka,Eto'o ,Messi coming here no matter how much we offer them. They play fpr prode not money. even if we offer huge amount of money and their club want to sell and the players dont want to come here it's the end of the deal. So live in the real world people.

Those players would have been more possible if Hughes had been able to get us into a more positive position and possibly a European spot. The position we are in, this type of player SP is what we need to ensure we dont get relagated.
But who knows hopefully ADUG is working on a world class signing.

finally, a player who will work for the team. It's imperative we first get a quality spine to the team, then get the mega stars in the summer. Defender and a Striker next hopefully!

Not a big fan of Parker, but I'm not a fan of what the "team" we have are producing either. Fact is, he CAN play. And, based on what we've been seeing of late, he HAS to be an improvement.

The Bottom Line, with this Parker signing is,
" Good signing - fill in what we're missing/lack, but we expected a much bigger signing. LIKE MARTIN SAMUEL said on SSN, the parkers and bellamy's of the world would help the team greatly..... to 8th spot, our Arab owners only have a mindset of reaching the top 4. MH has to think big, his not the manager of blackburn anymore, but the biggest club in the world (wealth wise)

The purchase of Superstars, your, Kaka's and Villa's is the only way to go. Hence the kitty of 50m Pounds.

He's alrite. But 12 million and over 70K a week???? Its a joke, we are a gravy train!

please remember 1 thing... You not only sign the player, you relocate them too. and their kids and spouse, you try telling your wag we are moving honey.. without the for an extra 20k a week bit in there!!!!!

Parker has been 1 of West hams better players this season and will be a great addition to a slack team we have.. the stars will come but we need the regulars to and SP is a good mould of a hughes type player

That makes it so far , Zab Kompany Bridge Parker Robinho SWP and yes TBH.. You don't get em all right,, jo was an already done deal before MH and he still has potential and could prove us all wrong
ี

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.