Parker agreed terms (or has he?) [Merged]

So we replace Brazils #1 playmaker with the guy who Newcastle replaced with Nicky Butt and who spends most of his time at West Ham on the bench or injured. Sounds like a good plan. Onwards with Sparky.

Bluestones said:
So we replace Brazils #1 playmaker with the guy who Newcastle replaced with Nicky Butt and who spends most of his time at West Ham on the bench or injured. Sounds like a good plan. Onwards with Sparky.

Seriously?

Bluestones said:

I do not understand the argument where people say we need to walk before we can run, this makes out all the current players to be say of West Brom standard where maybe Scott Parker would be a step up from Jonathon Greening. Most West Ham fans think Parker is an average player yet we accept he is good enough for us as we are playing pretty shit at the moment.

Parker slows the play down so any chance of quick counter attacking football would be out of the window. I can't understand why the likes Of Fringes, Veloso and Senna would not be considered as theses are the type of players that would give us an improvement.

As discussed on the Sunday Supplement to be the Worlds richest club and the best we can come up with is Parker is shocking to say the least.

Bar a few good games what has Elano really done for us, he's a moaning little get who im happy to see go.

Let's be honest about this, is Parker as skilled as Elano ? Probably not.

But do we need a skilled player who turns it on every 10 games, or do we need a box to box grafter ? Probably the latter.

We have skill & creativity coming out of our ears (Ireland, Robinho, SWP & whichever striker we end up signing) but we lack endeavour.

Therefore, is Parker worth 12m to US. The answer is probably 'Yes'.

Would he be worth 12m to Liverpool ? The answer is probably 'No' as they have Mascherano & Alonso.

It's all about what you already have, and what you are missing, and we are missing a ball retaining box-to-box midfielder for when we play teams who try and put it up us, as Kompany can't do it all on his own.

This'll allow Robinho, Ireland & SWP to concentrate more on hurting the opposition instead of trying to stick their collective fingers into the dyke (not a sexual reference).

Re: parker not for sale SSN

coops said:
bluemoon32 said:
Blue4ever85 said:
I hope this is true.

I really dont want Scott Parker at City. Simply because he isnt good enough.

He isn't the 'star' player some would like but he's hugely better than Gelson or the German geriatric

He isnt the superstar but he is better than them two put together!!!
We have superman in midfield who is injured, and superflop, with Grandad in reserve plus Fernandes. If it's not going to be Parker, who else? maybe Bullard, but the list is not very long. I wouldn't want to take a chance on a Negouai

I'm really dissapointed that we a considering signing Scott Parker as a player.. it doesn't show any progress what so ever, in fact i only see him as another Barton.

As a matter of interest, who would you prefer us to sign ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.