Parker agreed terms (or has he?) [Merged]

Parker would help add a bit of bite to our midfield alongside Kompany and this would help free Ireland up a bit more and play behind the striker with Robinho

zeusbheld said:
this argument proceeds as if Elano and Parker are the same type of player. they aren't.
I'm well aware of that, but we don't need an Elano type player in midfield when we are overloaded with attacking midfielders

When you look at the away games we have lost this season

Boro 0-2, Bolton 0-2, Wigan 1-2, WBA 1-2, Villa 2-4, Racing 1-3,

It's not hard to see why we'd benefit from having somebody like Parker in the centre of midfield to accompany Kompany (see what i did there, looks easy but it's not).

Parker (and wayne bridge) will go someway to ensuring we are a lot more solid away from home. Once we start picking up points away from home against teams who 'battle' we can start to add the star players everybody wants.

Marvin said:
zeusbheld said:
this argument proceeds as if Elano and Parker are the same type of player. they aren't.
I'm well aware of that, but we don't need an Elano type player in midfield when we are overloaded with attacking midfielders

he'd be worth keeping if we had the steel at the back, as no part of the team has strength in depth.

we need more solid midfield players, and Parker would be good enough for this year. don't see it as an either / or.... although i don't expect Elano to stay, i'd have to categorize these as completely separate.

ono said:
When you look at the away games we have lost this season

Boro 0-2, Bolton 0-2, Wigan 1-2, WBA 1-2, Villa 2-4, Racing 1-3,

It's not hard to see why we'd benefit from having somebody like Parker in the centre of midfield to accompany Kompany (see what i did there, looks easy but it's not).

Parker (and wayne bridge) will go someway to ensuring we are a lot more solid away from home. Once we start picking up points away from home against teams who 'battle' we can start to add the star players everybody wants.

Stop talking sense!

wait just one min, arent we buying players to try to IMPROVE? someone please tell me why we are buying parker!?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.