Patrick Roberts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Based on how he's played and the current market, i'd want at least 15m + 20% sell on clause.

Im ok selling him for 6-8m if we have a buy back for say 15m for next 2-3 seasons - otherwise its a 'no' from me.

I reckon I could tear it up in Scotland and I haven't played for 20 years. Loan him out to a better team in a better league and see how he adapts. Is he really a better bet than Sane, Jesus, KDB etc at the moment? Did we really tell him he would be involved with the 1st team?

There's that classic EPL arrogance, excellent. P.S no, he's absolutely nowhere near Sane, KDB etc.

I hope we don't sell but even if we do, who cares if we lose £5m on him. I'm sure the chairman doesn't. That's about one weeks worth of players wages. We'll win some and lose some. We lost money on bony but we'll make plenty of profit with kelechi

Ahh to be in the land of milk and honey in the EPL haha.

Here's my two cents (from a Celtic point a view).

To start, Man City paid 5million for Paddy. So there is absolutely no way you will be losing any money on him, at all (the £12mil quoted includes addons etc). I don't believe Roberts is at the level to compete for a place in the Man City starting 11 if you plan on pushing for the league and CL later stages. He's a young guy with bags of ability but even at Celtic he hasn't always been the best player on the park (far from it). Perhaps the fact he's English has a part to play in some of the opinons in this thread, I'm not sure what the home grown requirements are for the EPL? He would get a game for the mid table Prem teams but more than half the time these teams are back defending, something that really isn't in his game (albeit he's improved as times went on with this).

From Celtic's point of view, he would be a great signing if the money is right. £5/6million would be our biggest spend in over a decade (no laughing at the back) but i just dont see Roberts entertaining anything other than another loan extension. He's done it all up here and will want to prove himself in England and I wouldnt blame him for it. The loan deal has been great for all 3 parties and he's a better player from it. If he signed for Celtic he would be one of our top players but I really dont see it happening as much as the fans up here would love it to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.