Patrick Roberts

Status
Not open for further replies.
its my bugbear with the setup at the youth academy they is not ever been a player coached to the level of superstar status they are born that way and not coached. yes you can learn football and how to play in a team and learn to read the game but that bit of magic its a myth. you can coach it you don't infact i have seen it coached out of players and told fancy feet and flicks and tricks are bad for your game

the game is going the other way for me and its to much control from the age of 7 and coaching starts and that's when it becomes daft. kids of the that age don't need to be coach just let them play with a ball and use a wall and play with a smile and not under pressure or orders. mix aged games on the park or in the school yard is better you learn street football and the one thing in street football you have to learn to go and get the ball and keep it long as you can and that how you learn little tricks and skills. the best ever way to bond with a ball play one on one in a small place and 2 touch rule find a wall chalk the goals and play 2 touch or headers and volleys or 60 seconds just old fashion street games

now you see kids at clubs been told not to mix in schools don't play football and don't play on the streets on a park. i even know somebody from ancoats who's kid was told at a very young age by united your never going to be big enough he was a little size kids for his age but a really good footballer for his age united just told him no your not what we are looking for and had to leave. now he is at a championship club doing really well and is about 6ft tall

youth football is daft and how on earth can you pick kids of 5 and take them away from there youth and told you have to do this and that the parents and selling the souls of there kids pimped at the age of 5 and given a goody bag and full kit and boots even a tracksuit in a hope your told your son is going to make you millionaires if you come and sign for the club at the age of 7 sick sick sick

Believe me we will fucking regret this he will go on to be a superstar and play for another top club while we send out more promising kids on loan only for them to never return. Fucking sick of this club's complete farce of a youth system. 200m for an academy we will never end up fucking using.

I have no reason to doubt the relationship of the poster, but as much as most of us want young players to make it with City, there is a huge difference between being ready for Celtic and being ready for City. From memory he wasn't even a first choice starter for Celtic earlier this season? If he craves first team football with immediate effect, it is probably better he moves on, but at a realistic price, which I don't think is £5M (but it's Maddocks and the Mirror)

He wasn't starting because after a short time out with an injury Forrest came in and did ok and he was on loan and Rodgers felt Forrest playing fine and getting more of the game time was of more value as he was guaranteed to be there next season. Once the chance of going unbeaten in domestic football became likely, Roberts started every game as he is a much better and more productive player. Roberts probably isn't ready for us but he deserves a shot and we should have a buy back clause if he does leave.

Believe me we will fucking regret this he will go on to be a superstar and play for another top club while we send out more promising kids on loan only for them to never return. Fucking sick of this club's complete farce of a youth system. 200m for an academy we will never end up fucking using.
He's not from the academy and it's purpose is also to generate revenue.

The players have to be deemed good enough to break into the first team like gunn,maffeo,Angelino,Garcia,Diaz and nacho have but then u have to show enough to stay there. Would u like us to play kids that aren't good enough and be fighting relegation? Or go with players that are at the required level to fight for title's? I know which I prefer. I think Diaz will be the first kid to truly come through and be a main stay in the team in a couple of years.

Jesus christ the amount of flapping in here. He won't be sold without a buyback clause(if he is even sold at all) and stop believing a report from a journalist that has no connection to the club.

Oh by the way he was cut from the U21 Euros squad, so plenty of rest for him.

I doubt we will sell Roberts to Celtic (especially at that price). But I have my doubts he will be given a chance in the first team either. Roberts has some talent but doesn't look ready for the team.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.