Patrick Roberts

Status
Not open for further replies.
The players have to be deemed good enough to break into the first team like gunn,maffeo,Angelino,Garcia,Diaz and nacho have but then u have to show enough to stay there. Would u like us to play kids that aren't good enough and be fighting relegation? Or go with players that are at the required level to fight for title's? I know which I prefer. I think Diaz will be the first kid to truly come through and be a main stay in the team in a couple of years.

some kids have shown they should stay, denayer comes to mind when he had a great season with van dijk, one is battling relegation at sunderland and the other is one of the best cb's in the league. or barker who was insane back in 14/15 yet we didn't even give him a sniff or maffeo who was our best player against united at old trafford and we sent him to the spanish second division while we continue to struggle with our right back problems. not every kid coming through will be world class but some can at least be good squad players.

If I was Roberts, I wouldn't dream of staying at Celtic. Terrible standard of football. It's a football outpost.

IMO, it would be best for him and MCFC if he moves to another club on loan. Of course, the loan has to be the right one.

Hopefully, now that Girona have been promoted to La Liga, we can send one or two of our better youngsters there.

If I was Roberts, I wouldn't dream of staying at Celtic. Terrible standard of football. It's a football outpost.

IMO, it would be best for him and MCFC if he moves to another club on loan. Of course, the loan has to be the right one.

Hopefully, now that Girona have been promoted to La Liga, we can send one or two of our better youngsters there.

Agree with this. Rumour has it though that Roberts himself is driving the move back to Celtic. Worrying lack of ambition because after the season he's had he should be desperate to prove himself in the PL somewhere.

Yeah Chris Sutton in 2000 and John Hartson in 2001..They've spent more than 3.5mill once since 2009

Things have changed in recent times, big money came in from the CL last season and if we qualify again this season there's no reason we wont spend 'big'. Also talk of Dembele being sold for £20mil +. The issue with Celtic isn't the transfer fee, its the wage structure we have in place. We can afford 6/7mil on a player but the wages clubs in the EPL can pay are outrageous. Our highest earners are on 25-30k a week, from what I've read Roberts is currently being paid close to that already, maybe someone on here can shed some light on his current wage?

Celtic are 100% going to be trying to Roberts this summer. Although again I should say I really dont see this deal going through (although I hope im wrong).

some kids have shown they should stay, denayer comes to mind when he had a great season with van dijk, one is battling relegation at sunderland and the other is one of the best cb's in the league. or barker who was insane back in 14/15 yet we didn't even give him a sniff or maffeo who was our best player against united at old trafford and we sent him to the spanish second division while we continue to struggle with our right back problems. not every kid coming through will be world class but some can at least be good squad players.

What is best for a young players development though? Being used as a squad player so playing in league cup games and occasional matches or playing regular competitive games. This is the problem. I am sure that clubs like City and Chelsea would love their EDS squads to be playing in the football league ala Barcelona and Real Madrid. They grow up playing competitive matches and develop as a group and play in the style of the 1st team. Instead in this country we have no alternative but to send our young players out on loan looking for teams that play in a similar style and where they will get game time.

I am not yet hearing of any player that has left the City academy thus far being touted as world class but no doubt it will happen. Denayer was struggling at Sunderland and certainly did not good enough for City. To suggest Brandon Barker was ready for the first team is wrong IMHO. Maffeo did play well against United but one game does not make a case to be the back up full back for City

It is clear that City are producing players who will make it in the professional game the point is if they are not deemed good enough for City they will generate cash for the club and eventually will find their level. Players develop at different ages and I am sure the club will let some kids go who we will look upon in the future and say he was ours such as Trippier but the issue for all players in our youth squads is the bar is raised so high but I am sure that the club and coaches are striving for that

We're obviously trying to get as much money in this summer to help finance our largest summer spend yet.
As long as we add reasonable buybacks there's not a huge issue

Agree with this. Rumour has it though that Roberts himself is driving the move back to Celtic. Worrying lack of ambition because after the season he's had he should be desperate to prove himself in the PL somewhere.

How disappointing. Maybe he doesn't have the confidence in his ability yet to test himself at a higher level.

If we sell him, hopefully we insert a sell on clause. Celtic will look to get rid as soon as they can get a decent offer. They are surely not looking at him as a long term option.

just cover all the bases if we sell and get a good buy back deal or sell on fee but i don't see him playing for city with what we have in the first team squad and in the youth the deal with fulham was a panic signing knowing somebody else was ready to sign him city went and just signed him to stop him going to another club at the top of the league

do i think he will be the real deal maybe but i never like loans deals to lower leagues and celtic are way off the standers of premier league but winning spreads a good feeling and gives you the confidence so his game at the moment he must be flying would like to see him at west ham or swansea next season just give him the chance to play top level football and then make up our minds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.