Patrick Roberts

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in the driving seat.

We dictate the transfer deal, not Celtic or any other club.

He goes on 'our terms', if he does go. And he will have a buy back clause or sell on clause if we decide to sell.

After many years of being screwed over by selling clubs, it's now our turn to turn the screw.

Either pay the going rate, or we either keep the player, loan him out again, or sell him to another club willing to meet 'our valuation and terms'. :-)

Maybe we're willing to take a lower fee from Celtic in return for having a buy back clause? I'm sure we could probably get more from a PL club, but it's less likely they'd agree to sell him back to us for a cut price of he started to do very well.

I can't see how Pep would not want to keep him, he's young, English, very comfortable on the ball and skillful, has CL experience(put in some good performances like against us which wont have been missed)... it's all press talk and Celtic being hopeful we have too many players on our books.

City should recall him and give him a run out, he's a class act, he needs competitive football not the pub footy he gets at Celtic, If City do want to offload they should stick a £30 million price tag on him. its about time we got tough on transfers and its time we started blooding our quality kids and giving them a run out, instead of loaning them out and never seeing them again.

That's a fair point if we aren't really interested in selling when clubs start making silly offers and leaking it via the press... say we aren't interesting in selling and that he would cost atleast x amount(put a high pricetag on him). That's better than a no because that way if they do manage to turn our players' heads they wont be getting any bargains off us, probably shut them right up and make them think twice about using the press.

I'd be so fucking disappointed if we sell this guy without giving him a chance. Why bother in the 1st place.
My guess would be that he wasn't signed by Pep. He's got a heap of talent, and if there was ever an opportunity for him to get minutes, it was last season when KDB went down. Instead, Pellegrini put him on loan, leaving us a wide player short. At this stage, I'd say he wouldn't be able to replace Sterling, B.Silva, Sane or Jesus (should he play out wide) in the starting line up.

Really hope Pep at least gives him the opportunity to impress in some pre-season matches before electing to sell.

Last edited by a moderator:
Surely he gets put through pre season at least before anything is done.

My guess would be that he wasn't signed by Pep. He's got a heap of talent, and if there was ever an opportunity for him to get minutes, it was last season when KDB went down. Instead, Pellegrini put him on loan, leaving us a wide player short. At this stage, I'd say he wouldn't be able to replace Sterling, B.Silva, Sane or Jesus (should he play out wide) in the starting line up.

Really hope Pep at least gives him the opportunity to impress in some pre-season matches before electing to sell.
A bit off topic but how on earth can anybody do much to impress on these pre-season tours they are so lacking in competitiveness.
Roberts will be sold or loaned out again imo and we are unlikely to ever see him fire a shot in anger in a blue shirt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.