Paul O'Grady RIP

In all the years I never knew him I never heard him say a bad word against anyone. RIP.
Very sad news about a genuinely lovely bloke, so many wonderful tributes to him today. The only time I heard him have a bad word was on his show when he was holding badly treated dogs and you cod see he really wanted to get his hands on the perpetrators. RIP Paul, you will be truly missed by many

Sad one this , i watched his shows except blind date , that was a lemon for him

When he did his afternoon shows on C4 he had buster and if you wrote in and got your letter read you would get a buster with a wobbly head thing sent to you , i asked for one for mum as she was a fan and he sent her one

First buster then olga , both really suited for the telly , i am not a dog person but i loved his progs on battersea and hundred of dogs must have got adopted because of him

Love to his husband , daughter and grand kids

RIP Paul

It's rare that I feel genuinely sad about the passing of a celeb, but this one got me.

He always came across as one of the most decent people on TV, and anyone who does so much work for animals is a hero in my book. An inspiring figure for many LGBT+ people too and never afraid to speak his mind. Bloody good guy.

My friend's mom was on Blankety Blank back in the 90s and absolutely raved about what a nice person Paul was behind the scenes.

I'm sure a lot of people will be saddened by this. All the best to his surviving family and RIP. If dogs do go to heaven, they just got an awesome caretaker.

Fell out with his family didn't he for lying (according to them) in one of his books about his "bad" upbringing?

I always liked him, and could see his genuine passion and love for the animals on the various programs he made.

RIP Paul.

Sad one this , i watched his shows except blind date , that was a lemon for him

When he did his afternoon shows on C4 he had buster and if you wrote in and got your letter read you would get a buster with a wobbly head thing sent to you , i asked for one for mum as she was a fan and he sent her one

First buster then olga , both really suited for the telly , i am not a dog person but i loved his progs on battersea and hundred of dogs must have got adopted because of him

Love to his husband , daughter and grand kids

RIP Paul
Not only did Battersea benefit from his ambassadorial role but it highlighted the plight of cats and dogs everywhere and he must have helped thousands of animals find loving homes. That is a legacy in itself .RIP to a charming gentleman

Used to enjoy the Sunday show on radio 2 great banter with Malcolm, " eh up Malcolm what have you put on these sandwiches !? "

Not only did Battersea benefit from his ambassadorial role but it highlighted the plight of cats and dogs everywhere and he must have helped thousands of animals find loving homes. That is a legacy in itself .RIP to a charming gentleman
Not too sure he helped cats get adopted , only saw one cat in the series he used to do and only because it was a hairless sphinx cat if memory serves

Not too sure he helped cats get adopted , only saw one cat in the series he used to do and only because it was a hairless sphinx cat if memory serves
He did help cats as well but the the programme was for the love of dogs which would look daft if it was about cats :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.