Paul Pogba

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately I've just heard a deal has been put in place for his agent to bring him, Ibra and Mkhitaryan to United.

Not from my usual source's, but from one of Rooney's sponsors

That's been the case for a while. United have been saying to Raiola since before MooMoo was even appointed that they'll pay whatever to bring Pogba back.

The question you'll have to ask yourself is this. Why has this not already happened? The answer may well be in the difference between what Pogba (and his family) want for him, and what Mino wants.

That's been the case for a while. United have been saying to Raiola since before MooMoo was even appointed that they'll pay whatever to bring Pogba back.

The question you'll have to ask yourself is this. Why has this not already happened? The answer may well be in the difference between what Pogba (and his family) want for him, and what Mino wants.

I've no idea to be honest, I don't even really know the person who told me. They seemed pretty sure about it all though.

I've no idea to be honest, I don't even really know the person who told me. They seemed pretty sure about it all though.

It's not a difficult scenario to imagine. A club with tons of money and a desperate need to make a point approach a greedy agent to see if they can lure his top client with wheelbarrows full of cash. The agent's eyes light up at the thought of all that cash. He takes the proposal to his client. Who promptly tells him to stick it up his arse because his ambitions are much loftier than helping a club in flux get back to the top of a league in which they've just finished fifth. He wants to be the best. To be coached by the best. To play with the best. Money alone won't feed his ambitions.

Poggy will stay at Juve or he'll go to Madrid. If he ends up at United it'll be against his will. Lets just say that Raiola's always had a lot of luck with moving his clients around against their will. Until recently. He has to tread carefully. He might think he's enslaved Pogba but Pogba has a family support network around him who he'll dump Raiola for if it means he's got a better chance of realising his ambitions.

Its stupid of Pogba to be honest if he does move. He held onto Juve last year on lower wages and I thought maybe he cares a lot about the sporting side but with this decision its ridiculous. To go into a Europa league club a player of his pedigree and age is ridiculous. A 100 mill transfer to play in the Europa. For what its worth I don't think it will happen.

Europa isn't even the biggest issue. Pogba hates United and doesn't want to go back there, so literally he doesn't have to.

Its all about manipulating Madrid to get the deal they want.

Nah ... I think that ship is quietly sailing off into the distance for Raiola. The figures they've asked for Madrid aren't gonna go to. Juventus aren't gonna compromise, Mino won't - it's becoming impossible to see how Poggy moves without a huge climb down from one of the parties involved. Either Juve accept that he's not worth a world record fee, or Mino accepts that the package he's asking for is too rich, or Pogba accepts that the only way that everyone will be satisfied financially is by making him move to United where he won't be satisfied in a sporting sense.

For me it's 50/50 whether he forces Mino/Juve to do a deal with Madrid at a level they find acceptable or stays at Juventus. The United situation on the face of it is one that Pogba isn't going to go back to.

Whatever happens I am not going to blame our club if the Rags get him (I know a lot of people on here will). We had him as a target and we know that for sure but just dont see the value of the quoted figures be it the fee/agents fee/salary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.