Paul Pogba

Status
Not open for further replies.
This will go right till the end of the window. Agentn IMO the problem once again.

The sooner agent fees are capped the sooner player manipulation ends.

It's not a difficult scenario to imagine. A club with tons of money and a desperate need to make a point approach a greedy agent to see if they can lure his top client with wheelbarrows full of cash. The agent's eyes light up at the thought of all that cash. He takes the proposal to his client. Who promptly tells him to stick it up his arse because his ambitions are much loftier than helping a club in flux get back to the top of a league in which they've just finished fifth. He wants to be the best. To be coached by the best. To play with the best. Money alone won't feed his ambitions.

Poggy will stay at Juve or he'll go to Madrid. If he ends up at United it'll be against his will. Lets just say that Raiola's always had a lot of luck with moving his clients around against their will. Until recently. He has to tread carefully. He might think he's enslaved Pogba but Pogba has a family support network around him who he'll dump Raiola for if it means he's got a better chance of realising his ambitions.
When has Raiola ever moved a player against their will? I genuinely can't think of an instance when that has happened. On the contrary, I can think of many cases where Raiola was pushing for a move but the player decided that he wanted to stay at his current club (Nedved's proposed move to Inter, Hamsik's proposed moves to countless clubs etc.). People speak of Raiola as though he's some sort of puppet master, but in truth he's just a very good agent who executes his clients' wishes. Anybody who thinks that Pogba's will isn't absolutely central to where he will be playing next season and beyond is completely mistaken, in my opinion.

When has Raiola ever moved a player against their will? I genuinely can't think of an instance when that has happened. On the contrary, I can think of many cases where Raiola was pushing for a move but the player decided that he wanted to stay at his current club (Nedved's proposed move to Inter, Hamsik's proposed moves to countless clubs etc.). People speak of Raiola as though he's some sort of puppet master, but in truth he's just a very good agent who executes his clients' wishes. Anybody who thinks that Pogba's will isn't absolutely central to where he will be playing next season and beyond is completely mistaken, in my opinion.

His most recent 'forced' transfer was Balotelli to Liverpool. If Pogba's will was central to what Raiola wanted to achieve this summer then the complexion of his transfer would be very very different and the clubs involved would be very very different.

Let me put it another. Do you think that Paul Pogba would prefer to play at Barcelona, at Madrid, at Manchester United, or at Manchester City? What order do you put those clubs in if you were guessing his preference? When you listen to Pogba's words (I want to be the best but i'm not there yet, win the ballon do'r, be like Iniesta, Messi, and Neymar all rolled into one. i can improve a lot.), do they reflect the attitudes of a footballer who thinks he's the best in the world, and therefore deserves a world record fee and wages equivalent to Messi and Ronaldo?

Raiola is playing a very dangerous game with the Pogba family IMO. He made a comment last week which most of the media didn't pick up on but which was very very telling. "The boy needs to choose a project, not a coach." Which 'coach' has Pogba chosen and which 'project' would Mino be pushing him towards? The answers I suspect are very revealing about what's going on.

If he moves, I couldn't have seen anything other than Madrid being his destination. When the word "project" is used, I do still cling on to a bit of hope, that we could see him playing for us. Wouldn't have thought in a million years, that he could be heading back to the shit hole, very weird

It's not a difficult scenario to imagine. A club with tons of money and a desperate need to make a point approach a greedy agent to see if they can lure his top client with wheelbarrows full of cash. The agent's eyes light up at the thought of all that cash. He takes the proposal to his client. Who promptly tells him to stick it up his arse because his ambitions are much loftier than helping a club in flux get back to the top of a league in which they've just finished fifth. He wants to be the best. To be coached by the best. To play with the best. Money alone won't feed his ambitions.

Poggy will stay at Juve or he'll go to Madrid. If he ends up at United it'll be against his will. Lets just say that Raiola's always had a lot of luck with moving his clients around against their will. Until recently. He has to tread carefully. He might think he's enslaved Pogba but Pogba has a family support network around him who he'll dump Raiola for if it means he's got a better chance of realising his ambitions.
Against his will?

Jesus Christ, give over.

It's highly likely he'd prefer a move to Madrid, all they need to do is pay the fees involved. They've never been one to shy away from things like that. I don't agree with the assertion that a move back to United is as depressing as what's being insinuated on here, given they finally have a world class manager in charge, and one with the intent of raising the club back to where they once were, and who are willing to pay the ridiculous monies that are being asked of them.

If he ends up at United, it won't be against his will whatsoever, but it will probably be because there was no other club willing to do what United possibly are, otherwise he'd be at Madrid in a flash (unless Perez really doesn't fancy him).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.