Paul Pogba

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know some rags say we are more obsessed with them than our own club...this thread goes a short way to proving that point...gets more replies than players connected to City

Sad

A thread that you yourself have posted on 17 times since Monday.

A thread on which you have been desperately trying to pass yourself off as some sort of ITK all summer by your repeated claims that he would not be signing for the rags, and then - when it became obvious that he was - you started frantically rowing back on your previous attention-seeking ITK wannabe posts by claiming that you "felt it in your water" that he wouldn't be signing for the rags.

And know you're moaning that this thread is too long, when you must be personally responsible for about 50 pages of shite on your own.

You are an absolute fucking weapon aren't you?

A thread on which you have been desperately trying to pass yourself off as some sort of ITK all summer by your repeated claims that he would not be signing for the rags, and then - when it became obvious that he was - you started frantically rowing back on your previous attention-seeking ITK wannabe posts by claiming that you "felt it in your water" that he wouldn't be signing for the rags.

And know you're moaning that this thread is too long, when you must be personally responsible for about 50 pages of shite on your own.

I'm sure he said it was just a gut feeling,or summat along them lines.

ERZqN1P.gif

Spot on UCB!

As I'm aware he called it, but based on nothing more than gut feeling. I personally think Pogba's silence may still scupper the move. Not heard anything from either club either.

If he did feel it was never going to happen, he wasn't alone.

I guess he keeps contributing to the thread because people keep name checking him.

If indeed as @karen7 says, and he did claim to have some type of ITK. He may well have.

I bet £50 on Nasri leaving City 3 years ago. I was told by my best mate who has a removal company that Nasri was all booked up for a move to London.
Something changed, as my mate got his deposit in full and Nasri never got back to him.

Not sure the abuse is worthy here.

People buying Pogba or Ibrahimovic shirts would have bought a Rooney, Martial or Rashford otherwise.

Shirt sales paying for a transfer is a myth.

Correct. They won't gain many more fans just because they sign Pogba.
His marketing value would only be of any consequence if he joined Barca or Real.

Why I am of the opinion he shouldn't/won't sign for the rags is a combination of things...but the one that gets me is Taggart's comments on him...would you really go play for a team where their previous Manager who is still connected to the club...slagged him off to fuck?

It really does boggle my mind he would even consider it

If he goes...that's the very definition of mercenary...It will be unequivocally about nothing but the money and a step down for him...a talent like him needs to be on the world stage...to sacrifice CL football is a poor career move...In fact a move to Nited at all is a poor career move

Yes, it's rather bizarre if Pogba does make the move, finally. I think the wage demands acceptance must come as part of the apology...

Unless Taggart, himself, has apologised privately!

Otherwise, why would he bother...?!

First of all, if they get Pogba he will improve their team. No doubt about that. Doesn't mean the win the title or finish top 4, but Pogba will improve them.
Secondly, I find it hard to see the difference with them splashing out 100mill. on one player with a huge salary, while we will spent the same amount and a double salary on Sane and Stones.
Thirdly, if Pogba turns out to be Ronaldo 2.0 and plays for them for the next 5-6 years, Pogba will be a bargain. He will certainly be a selling shirt kind of player, probably beating any of our players.

If United doesn't get in to the CL next season (or Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool for that matter) it will hurt them as hell. If we don't it'll hurt us in the same way. Leicester, Spurs and West Ham to name three outsiders for the title, won't put "guaranteed CL" in their books for next year.

Will he though?

I agree, it puts a better player in their team, but does it improve their team? That remains to be seen.

Factor in he has pretty much identical stats to Mata btw.

Comparing him to Sane & Stones is good. Why, because we are buying 2 players to improve our team. Buying for positions we need to buy in. We'll have re-sale value on TWO players. If one hits the heights people think they will, we're okay. We've effectively split our risk where United have gone all in on one player.

Even if Pogba hits the goals and assists, he'll never be Ronaldo 2.0. He just isnt that marketable. He'll never be in that bracket due to his style of play. Same reason Yaya never was, or Vieira or Lampard or Iniesta or Roy Keane for that matter. He just doesnt have that certain type of speed and skill that is marketable like that. (Thats not to claim he'll never be as effective so dont confuse the two when I say that).

Every team is at risk every year when it comes to champs league, as we ourselves found out this year thanks to our muppet of a manager. But United will have 3 300K a week players on their books. No other team has one to my knowledge. So our risk is slightly more measured.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.