Paul Pogba

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Guardian writes that he is “open” to a move across and is “interested” to work with Pep.
Is this not the most obvious case of obviousness ever in the history of ever.

Let‘s face it, United have been dysfunctional for a decade, with the exception of FR37 everyone else has hit the buffers. I have always rated Pogba, I also think Pep could get a lot out of him.
if it does happen I will be cool with it.

Very similar vibes to our interest in Ronnie - if we could secure him on a team friendly deal it's a no brainer but I'm pretty sure other teams in Europe will offer him more and we shall then see how serious he is about working with Pep. Not bothered either way but if he were to come there is no doubt he would have a rebound career wise. Ultimately I think the club is just showing interest in a number of midfielders and I think they will go for a much younger player.

hes on a free, but he will be able to get a decent signing on fee and very good wages, we wont pay what he will be offered,he doesn't have ,or hasn't shown the mentality needed for our squad,i said in the summer i didn't want ronaldo and i certainly don't want this fucking clown.

i trust pep to make the right decisions for the club

It’s a tough one this.

On one hand I have spent the past few years calling him a lazy twat and laughing at him and United.

On the other, I look the current make-up of our midfield and think that there is space for him…

Fern is going.

Gundogan looks completely fucked to me. Maybe it’s this back injury he is reportedly carrying but I do worry that he is just getting slower and slower, and will be having less and less of an impact for us.

Rodri, Bernie and KDB are great, but we have no real assurances that Bernie wants to stay and KDBs fitness is a continuous concern. Plus, none of them can play every single week.

Additionally, it doesn’t look like Pep thinks Foden or Grealish are ready to play in the middle for us, nor does it look like any kids will be breaking through any time soon.

I think we need another 2 midfielders and I doubt we have the money to go and spunk £50m+ on both of them.

From a financial perspective picking Pogba up on a free makes a lot of sense, but only if he plays at a level he hasn’t managed to consistently do for United. It’s easy to talk about their woes (in fact I fucking love talking about them) but Pogba is part of the problem and we can’t just say “oh it’s not his fault, it’s cos United are shit”. There’s plenty of shite teams out there that have players that perform well more often than not. He hasn’t.

For him to be a success here he needs to completely change his attitude, but maybe he knows this? If I were him, I wouldn’t be happy that most of the fans in this country think I am a bit of a joke and I would want to prove them wrong. In fairness to him, the easy option would be to fuck the PL off and go and have it easy at somewhere like PSG. If he decides that he wants to stay in the PL and move to City, maybe we should take that as a really positive sign that he means business.

Without doubt there are plenty of question marks over Pogba and he is older than our ideal targets usually are. However, the guy that plays for France would be a useful squad member and there are plenty of examples of big clubs buying older players and it proving a good purchase.

Also, Pep and his coaches believe you can still improve players into their 30's.

Signing Pogba would be a big risk but he could be sensationally good in our team.

I would much prefer De Jong or Rice but, as Tolmie pointed out, who knows what the budget is. Now if we signed Pogba and De Jong, that might not to too dissimilar in total cost to signing Rice for the reported asking price of £150m.

Last edited:
When I see new pages upon pages on this thread I think omg, something must be occurring.

I think most of us are saying we don't want him here based on what he has been doing at the scum.

IIRC though, the window when he signed for the rags, we thought he was destined for us and there were masses on here desperate for him to come here

There was certainly hype for him then. Has he lost his game or have the rags ruined another highly regarded player?

I wanted City to sign him from Juve. I bet Pogba wishes he had joined us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.