Paul Pogba

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, but I couldn't disagree more, especially about the CL matches. The home game he was mine & many of our fans' MoTM because he dominated the midfield & ran the show.

Up to that point, I couldn't see what all the fuss was about, but over both matches vs Juvé he was the dog's dangly bits. I then watched him more closely in Serie A, & he was absolute class but in an average league where Juvé were head & shoulders above the rest which I took into account. However, you can only play what's in front of you & he performed very well in the CL too.

When Juvé were willing to sell, it was reported City, Barça & Real had all agreed personal terms with him, & bid between £65m - £72m, with us bidding the highest, but Juvé demanded £95m.

ManUre slithered into action & blew the lot of us out the water with a bid of £89m plus add ons & the rest was history. Judging by the reports there was definitely a strong interest from us, but it was convincing Juvé that became the stumbling block.

There's a good player in there & again judging by reports, Old Toilet is a toxic place with open dissent amongst the players who're said to be seriously unmotivated. Even ManUre's local hero Rashford has fell off a cliff there.

The goings on at Old Toilet must be taken into account, with the constant changes of managers, fans wanting the owners out & fans turning on players through the lack of success etc. Is it any wonder the place is proving a graveyard for most players.

Look at Sanchez, Fred & Maguire. Three players we had a very strong interest in & their careers have also turned to shit since arriving there. Looking at the wider picture, there's more than enough extenuating circumstances to explain Pogba's perceived lack of form, application & desire.

He clearly wants out. Since offering him an extension last summer which was rejected out of hand, ManUre haven't even been back because it became pretty obvious Pogba wanted to leave on a free. I doubt there'll be any love lost on either side.

As for Pogba to City? I personally couldn't give a rat's arse about his dabbing or haircuts, it's what he can do for City that matters. He was considered one of the top 5 midfielders in the world prior to his move, & if a player's prime years are between 28-32, he's only a year into that prime.

On a free & on wages within our structure, Pogba to City fits. We need another number 6 who can also play further forward, & Pogba needs a change. City can offer him that without him even having to order a Pickford's removal van.

The main issue of Pobga to City that I can see comes from our fans who have allowed their hatred of ManUre to blind them to the possibilities of Pogba. He's association trained, knows the Prem, has lived in Manchester for years so won't be arsed about the weather & knows the area well so wouldn't have to uproot & resettle. He's also on a free & his wages are within our structure.

More importantly, Pogba to City solves the Fernandinho issue & frees up the money we would have spent finding a Fern replacement, which means even more money available for crucial signings.

Imagine the possibility of Pogba (free), Frenkie De Jong (£59m) & Haaland for £65m in one transfer window. In what world does £124m on that trio not make complete business sense?

With the dough saved we can then address the pressing Full Back issue. Personally I'd rather a right back as I think Cancelo is more effective on the left. If we could get Reece James, this summer too, most of us would think we'd died & gone to heaven with 72 virgins waiting for us.
The only issue I can forsee are the severely pissed of wives waiting with rolling pin in hand ready to pour cold water on the 72 virgins bit. )(

Nice fantasy (and I'm not being facetious).

Very similar vibes to our interest in Ronnie - if we could secure him on a team friendly deal it's a no brainer but I'm pretty sure other teams in Europe will offer him more and we shall then see how serious he is about working with Pep. Not bothered either way but if he were to come there is no doubt he would have a rebound career wise. Ultimately I think the club is just showing interest in a number of midfielders and I think they will go for a much younger player.
Ronnie? You mean the haunted waxwork

I am trying to take partisanship out of my opinion of Pogba. If I imagine he is coming from psg, and had a similar performance record over the last 5 years, I would not be excited by the signing.
When I add in to my thought processes that he's coming from 'that lot' it becomes Impossible to see any upsides at all.
His character, his history, his attention seeking, his lack of effort, and off field bullshit are all black marks.
If we sign him I will trust in the club management, cos they have rarely let us down, but as soon as he puts in a shit show performance, or an half arsed attempt to track back, or is the cause of a goal or defeat, the knives will well and truly be out for him from the fans.
He must understand that he has to be 20% above the effort and endeavour of any other City player, because the enormous 'rag' drag factor will be with him until he scores a goal that wins us a trophy.
He is better going to psg, there the fans will love him. If he snubs big, big money and sign on fee at psg and settles for trophies at City, he may be willing to turn his nose-diving career around.
Let's see.
I realise stats aren't the be all and end all, but for a player who many say he flatters to deceive it's useful to see just how productive he had been.

On whoscored, in his first three seasons at United, he was the third, ninth, and eleventh best player in the Premier League. When you look at the other players in the list, those stats are clearly picking up on something.

It was under Mourinho, someone who has the strength of will to get players working in a system, that he played his best football for United. Could Pep do something similar?

The worry for me is that at 29, have those injuries in the last two seasons just been unlucky, and his drop in form due to the stop/starts they caused, and Ole's lack of a plan, or are they part of a decline?

You sign players that fit perfectly in the squad. You don't sign players because of price or lack thereof. This would be a signing we'd make in 2012.

The article which I posted the previous page from the telegraph has noted that, Pogba is the one who has initiated contact

"The fact it appears the impetus for a potential deal is coming from Pogba’s side suggests that he might not be adverse to switching allegiances across Manchester"

Interesting few days ahead but I wouldn't him solely as our midfield target! In case ferna and gundo leave

Or as others have noted, just a plot to get a new contract from the rags!!
He flatly turned down their contract offer last summer & apparently made it clear he was leaving on a free this summer. I've seen nothing to suggest Pogba's going back on that decision...

Similarities to a certain Italian player who recently played for us. Capable of on-field genius but off-field idiocy.
Still, we all loved our Mario.
Thats bollocks buddy,i have no idea where you have come up with such shite or where you are going with it.....but while Pogba isnt everyones cup of tea,he lives his life off the field very professionally.

I genuinely believe Pep could get something very special out of him.

I realise stats aren't the be all and end all, but for a player who many say he flatters to deceive it's useful to see just how productive he had been.

On whoscored, in his first three seasons at United, he was the third, ninth, and eleventh best player in the Premier League. When you look at the other players in the list, those stats are clearly picking up on something.

It was under Mourinho, someone who has the strength of will to get players working in a system, that he played his best football for United. Could Pep do something similar?

The worry for me is that at 29, have those injuries in the last two seasons just been unlucky, and his drop in form due to the stop/starts they caused, and Ole's lack of a plan, or are they part of a decline?
He got Mourinho sacked through his lack of application and toxicity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.