Paul Pogba

Status
Not open for further replies.
His age doesn’t worry me at all. 29 was old for a player 20 years ago, it isn’t now.

I think weighing it up against other potential options is the pertinent point. For me, anything above £60m/£70m for Rice is just throwing money away. West Ham might say “we want £150m” but I want a night with Margot Robbie and that won’t be happening either. If we were looking at a midfielder and saying money isn’t an issue, Rice wouldn’t even enter my thinking. The money should be going on Bellingham.

Alternatively, FDJ in some form of swap deal for Sterling would be a good option. It probably suits all parties, and as we have seen in the past the figures in these deals can be massaged somewhat for FFP benefits.

All transfers have an element of risk, even Pogba on a free. If we get the United Pogba, he might not have cost anything in transfer fee but approx. £300k pw for someone who is half-arsed isn’t going to sit well with many. There will be strong views either way, but if Pep thinks he can get him playing then I think at his best he gets in our side.

I'm not worried about the age, so long as contract length is appropriate.

I don't care what City pay for players if can afford it but Rice is clearly overvalued at £150m.

I assume City have an eye on Bellingham but maybe think he is someone they have to wait longer to buy. So a shorter term purchase like PP might be a good strategic move.

Thing is, Pep has obviously seen what we’ve all seen when it comes to his performances/workrate in recent years but if he still sees something in him then a free transfer seems too good to turn down doesn’t it?

If we sign this **** we won’t be signing another midfielder
We only need a replacement for Fern if both Gundog & Bernardo remain. My guess is if reports are true that De Jong is available at £59m & Gundog wants to return to Dortmund, that's when I can see 2 midfielders coming in.

Pogba on a free & a 24 year old Frenkie De Jong at £59m is a fuckin steal by any stretch of the imagination mate.

Pogba’s reputation is due to his reaction to criticism. He doesn’t seem to give a fuck and his reaction when the chips are down riles his own fans.

I would have thought someone in City's squad knows Pogba socially. Either way, City do their homework on players and will know how Pogba behaves away from work and in the dressing room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.