Paul Pogba

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can’t believe public opinion would be a factor. If you wanted to recruit someone because you were convinced they could improve your team, anyone else’s opinion would be irrelevant

Agree totally. If pep wants him and the club want to back pep then I really can’t imagine them reading bluemoon and backing out of a deal because of posters on here not wanting the player! Lol Maybe it’s because it’s free and it allows us to go for Frenkie De Jong as well?

The idea of this is definitely growing on me, but does this mean Pep would plan to play Pogba or Gundo as the #6 cover seeing as Dinho is gone
I would assume Pogba if he came. Gundog has never shown the physicality or tenacity needed to be a consistent top level #6 in the PL & I'm pretty sure he's stated he prefers playing further forward where he's most effective anyway.

I think he's also entering into his final 12 months of his contract & stated his current lack of game time as an issue. It could be that his time with us is drawing to a close, but he's been a fantastic addition to our squad.

A personal number plate adds nothing to function, purely a vanity, "hey look what i can afford", pogba once had that appeal to some.
Not now. Having a useful passing range can never make up for his deficiencies in everything else.

Couple of observations, regardless of whether we get him:

The idea of "working hard" and "pressing" have become a bit conflated in the English football world. Pressing high up the pitch only works when the whole team does it and does it well. Fans might like it when a player runs around and chases dead ball, I certainly do, but it's not really anything to do with a good, well drilled press. You rarely see Rodri or Gundogan do that, positional play is just important. To put it lightly, none of United's managers have been coaching this. Any player who has played for us will have to be positionally disciplined, but I don't doubt he'd be able to do it.

I thought Pep dealt with this a few ago by saying he had been offered to us but we weren’t interested. I don’t think we will sign him out of sympathy because his agent has passed away, at least I hope not. He's one lazy fucker in my view.
He said at the time that we couldn't afford him but he's a great talent I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.