Paul Pogba

Status
Not open for further replies.

This is footage of his game against Belgium in the nations league last year. It's relatively recent, which gives a good gauge as to how his game currently is. The one main takeaway from this compilation is that he's an exceptional passer of a football; that's something the majority probably knew, but it's a pertinent fact. He plays several "quarterback" type balls in this game, and if Haaland (assuming he arrives) latches on to some of those then an opposition back four are rendered redundant, just like that. I'm aware we already have players of this ilk, but midfield has looked a little threadbare this season and maybe Pep wants to address this. I'll reiterate I don't want him at the expense of a de Jong or a Rice, we assuredly need one of those for that deep anchor role.

There are two key points people need to understand. He'd be coming on a free, so long as wages aren't prohibitive there is almost nothing to lose from the club's perspective. He's also been a mainstay in the French midfield for nigh on a decade. That's not something you achieve unless you are a very good footballer.

A mercurial talent. I've seen matches, especially for France, where he seemed impossible to play against. But far more matches where he simply didn't seem arsed.

There's a player in there, no doubt, but I don't know how confident I am that he'd come to our club and knuckle down, commit to learning the system and fitting in with the team and following Pep's plan.

Seems high risk in terms of we don't know what player we'd be getting and there's potential to upset the dressing room dynamics.

He could turn out great but I'd rather take the chance on someone who's currently performing consistently.

If you get the Pogba that plays for france and who dismantled us in 45 minutes in THAT he derby then it is worth having a punt.

If it is the one who the rags have ruined then it is a risky punt maybe better left

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.