PED Use in the EPL

That's a ridiculously unfair statement given many footballers will choose to prioritise their health ahead of any potential/possible gains from drugs.Its also very probable many footballers will not have a requirement for their use.

He's right mate, Yaya is an idiot.

Every top player is at it.

Feel free to read that Leicester thread,I posted a ton about it over on that thread.

It is 100% happening, Premier League, Fifa and all other National Associations need to massively step up their anti-doping programmes. They need to get WADA more involved, they need to get at least on par with the cycling and athletics anti-doping programmes and even those programmes aren't good enough for 2016.

Its 2016 and its about time every single athlete has a Biological Passport.

its never been about what Leicester have done this year its the complete turnaround to the end of last season that has convinced me, this season has only solidified that belief.
exactly.
team fox are out of breath at the bottom of the league up until april 2015 ..the biggest tv deal ever is slipping thru their fingers....the billionaire owner of the team of misfits and rejects is not very happy at this.then BANG!!! Team Fox ( soon to be known as team fairytale) shake themselves up and win every fucking match.wow.i can,t believe it.
then they sack the manager.
then they go on pre season foxy training in Austria...without a manager.
canny claudio then joins mid summer....no real time to bed in,they only play rotherham mansfield and lincoln pre season and then BANG!!! the tricky foxes manage to out run every other team in the prem and win the title.wow...with no injuries.the ice machine,beetroot and pizza is fuelling the foxes on their title charge...all the players who couldn,t run hard for the majority of last season have now ,suddenly,found their feet.such aggression,where did they find all that energy and aggression to fight with the palace winger,fall out with the local media,attack referees,attack their girlfriends,out run and out fight just about everybody,when for most of the season before they lay down and died.team fox becomes team fairytale and and for some fans its oakie coakie and totally believable that crap,rejected footballers can perform so poorly for 8 months of one season,brilliantly for the last 6 weeks of last season,have a mini crisis and sack the manager,bring in a bloke who has just lost to the faroe islands,and has never won top title in his life, 3 weeks before the start of the season.wow....when is the film coming out?

100%, just look back to a game 10 years ago and look how the different the players look physically, I know a great deal is down to the training/conditioning, but there is more going on than just that.

An average player whom can artificially improve his fitness/stamina levels by a significant margin becomes a better all-round player, better player more money etc.

I am always suspicious of sportsmen who suddenly become faster & stronger late in their careers.

100%, just look back to a game 10 years ago and look how the different the players look physically, I know a great deal is down to the training/conditioning, but there is more going on than just that.

An average player whom can artificially improve his fitness/stamina levels by a significant margin becomes a better all-round player, better player more money etc.

I am always suspicious of sportsmen who suddenly become faster & stronger late in their careers.
indeed. if jamie fox continues his late 20s speed improvement he could be challenging race horses to a 100 yard dash by christmas.

indeed. if jamie fox continues his late 20s speed improvement he could be challenging race horses to a 100 yard dash by christmas.

A certain ex city player who has the surname of an island near England, became remarkably fit during one pre season, I think he said in was due to boxing and running up hills.
He ripped up the Premier league that year, before disappearing into mediocrity.

What I can't work out is if it is as widespread as it appears then at what level is it sanctioned at?

Is it at a club level in which case what happens when a new manager comes in. How do they come to an understanding?

Is it at the manager level in which case what happens when a new player comes in. How do they come to an understanding?

Is it at a player level in which case what happens when a player moves to another club. How do they come to an understanding?

Do clubs have a reputation for it that all players and managers who go to work there know about and accept before they join?

Do managers have a reputation for it and are hired by clubs knowing that and players recruited accept

Do players have the reputation which is accepted by managers and clubs when they are bought

If it is as rife as it is coming to be understood there must be a structure or a culture to support it given it all has to hide in plain sight

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.