Pellegrini is the new manager (Malaga Newspaper reports) 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pellegrini is the new manager (Malaga Newspaper reports)

NipHolmes said:
Neville Kneville said:
BobKowalski said:
I'm not sure I follow the logic here. We have sacked Roberto for finishing second and getting up everyones nose in the process as not good enough yet finishing within 10 points, a cup run and a CL QF under Pellers is a 'good season'?

I'll give you not winning the title as its Pellers first season, although Ancelotti won the PL on his first attempt with Chelsea, but surely we can expect a cup in his first season even if its only the League Cup? The one really disappointing thing for me this season was not winning the FA Cup when it was sitting there begging for it.

Again a lot will be determined by the transfer business we do and how much Txiki improves the squad but assuming we do and with Taggart finally gone we should be making a better fist of it then 10 points adrift.

I think the best way of measuring the league is to say that we are an 80 points team/squad. Anything below 80 points is disappointing. 80 plus points is a good season even if we don't win the title. That will give Pellers a realistic target to aim for and puts us in with a shot at winning the title.

But for the rest I do want us to be like Chelsea and when everything is going to shit still win a trophy. Not winning the FA Cup this season was akin to a crime.

It's a harder job for a new manager to now change from the style Mancini has built, to their own style, than it would be for Mancini to just sign a couple of players & carry on.

They have made the decision to sack Mancini because they don't think he is the right man for the job. The stuff about targets is just an excuse, as it was when they fired Hughes. Plenty of people were happy enough to let Mancini bore the living shit out of us with uninspired defensive football, whilst he built his team & put his ideas into place, & have defended him even when we have played awfully at times this season, so I'm expecting they will show Pellegrini the same courtesy.
Cheers Nev

Pellegrini will most likely be bedding in 3 new starters, Isco, Cavani and Fernandinho (maybe more). He will change the way we play and he will be tasked with being competitive in the league but mainly to progress in Europe. I actually think we can go as far as anybody next year if we make the group stages.

The key principles are to gel players together as a unit, balance the squad and get us to play to our potential.

First season objectives;
Be competitive in league
Get out of group stages in CL
Cup run
Promote young players as much as feasibly possible

Sercond season;
Win the title,
Get to last 8 in CL
Win a domestic cup.

@BobK
Next season we won't just be fighting United, we will be facing a resurgent Chelsea that are imo 3 players from becoming an elite team, they have better youth than us and a balanced squad. Winners over years and years and have perfect replacements for all of them coming through. Also they are bringing in the best manager in the world to a place that will follow his orders and work in ways he wants.
Sorry but first season objective is WIN THE FOOKIN LEAGUE!!!!
Once we start going down the road you suggest I just see City turning into the new Arsenal. We HAVE THE SQUAD to win it and we should go balls out for it - end of. With 3 key additions that shouldn´t be an issue imho

Re: Pellegrini is the new manager (Malaga Newspaper reports)

mike channon´s windmill said:
NipHolmes said:
Neville Kneville said:
It's a harder job for a new manager to now change from the style Mancini has built, to their own style, than it would be for Mancini to just sign a couple of players & carry on.

They have made the decision to sack Mancini because they don't think he is the right man for the job. The stuff about targets is just an excuse, as it was when they fired Hughes. Plenty of people were happy enough to let Mancini bore the living shit out of us with uninspired defensive football, whilst he built his team & put his ideas into place, & have defended him even when we have played awfully at times this season, so I'm expecting they will show Pellegrini the same courtesy.
Cheers Nev

Pellegrini will most likely be bedding in 3 new starters, Isco, Cavani and Fernandinho (maybe more). He will change the way we play and he will be tasked with being competitive in the league but mainly to progress in Europe. I actually think we can go as far as anybody next year if we make the group stages.

The key principles are to gel players together as a unit, balance the squad and get us to play to our potential.

First season objectives;
Be competitive in league
Get out of group stages in CL
Cup run
Promote young players as much as feasibly possible

Sercond season;
Win the title,
Get to last 8 in CL
Win a domestic cup.

@BobK
Next season we won't just be fighting United, we will be facing a resurgent Chelsea that are imo 3 players from becoming an elite team, they have better youth than us and a balanced squad. Winners over years and years and have perfect replacements for all of them coming through. Also they are bringing in the best manager in the world to a place that will follow his orders and work in ways he wants.
Sorry but first season objective is WIN THE FOOKIN LEAGUE!!!!
Once we start going down the road you suggest I just see City turning into the new Arsenal. We HAVE THE SQUAD to win it and we should go balls out for it - end of. With 3 key additions that shouldn´t be an issue imho

I reckon we can win it but you cannot have it as a paramount objective where his future is decided on the back of failure to win it. The season after it would be paramount.

Bedding in new manager and new players isn't done over-night. How is use being a new Arsenal that? Did you see Season two objectives?

So if we don't win the league every other year we look to sack the manager? That's the Chelsea way! 1 year out of 3 is about right then the manager has at least 3 seasons

regardless of who the next manager is he should be given time....at least 2 years (possibly more) to see what he can do.....it will take him that long to embed a new philosophy and tactics to the squad, as well as integrate new players

1 step backwards (sideways if you like) before the big jump forwards

simon23 said:
regardless of who the next manager is he should be given time....at least 2 years (possibly more) to see what he can do.....it will take him that long to embed a new philosophy and tactics to the squad, as well as integrate new players

Exactly.

Plain Speaking said:
bluebarn said:
Jut been listening to Talksport (I know, you don't need to say anything), and Danny Kelly was talking to Guillem Balague. He asked him for his opinion of Pellegrini. Unfortunately, having been listening in peace for the previous hour, one the kids decided to get out of bed at precisely the wrong time so I didn't manage to catch much of it, but he started by saying that he thought Pellegrini was fantastic. Did anybody else catch this and if so can you elaborate further?
On the whole Balague was extremely positive about Pelligrini. His only concern was moving to coach in a new country at his age, ie almost 60.
Balague said looking at previous examples of about 20 top managers moving to a new country at a similar age, only 3 were successful and lasted for over 2 years.

He talks some shite.

You say that about any age group if you put it into percentages.

Pam said:
bluebarn said:
Jut been listening to Talksport (I know, you don't need to say anything), and Danny Kelly was talking to Guillem Balague. He asked him for his opinion of Pellegrini. Unfortunately, having been listening in peace for the previous hour, one the kids decided to get out of bed at precisely the wrong time so I didn't manage to catch much of it, but he started by saying that he thought Pellegrini was fantastic. Did anybody else catch this and if so can you elaborate further?

Same things as they're all saying. Great coach bla, bla, bla; did well at RM and didn't deserve to get the sack there bla bla bla. Excellent appointment. Bla bla bla Same platitudes.

Lou Macari says he's shit though and Lou knows best.
Macari said he's shit because he's won nothing but that David Moyes is a great appointment. Tells you everything you need to know about Macari.

NipHolmes said:
simon23 said:

Exactly.

Like it or not, there's going to be a massive Moyes v Pellegrini contest at the start of the season, fuelled by the media. If one of them gets off to a noticeably better start, the other will come under the most intense pressure.

The bigger risk is for City. I can't really see Moyes doing much more than trying to keep United ticking over. Fergie's continuing presence and influence at the club will stop him from being too radical. We're changing personnel, systems, formations & tactics. If City are 5 points behind United at the of September, people are going to have to be very patient.

Prestwich_Blue said:
Pam said:
bluebarn said:

Same things as they're all saying. Great coach bla, bla, bla; did well at RM and didn't deserve to get the sack there bla bla bla. Excellent appointment. Bla bla bla Same platitudes.

Macari said he's shit because he's won nothing but that David Moyes is a great appointment. Tells you everything you need to know about Macari.

He wants frying in his own batter the fat little twat

cibaman said:
NipHolmes said:
simon23 said:

Exactly.

Like it or not, there's going to be a massive Moyes v Pellegrini contest at the start of the season, fuelled by the media. If one of them gets off to a noticeably better start, the other will come under the most intense pressure.

The bigger risk is for City. I can't really see Moyes doing much more than trying to keep United ticking over. Fergie's continuing presence and influence at the club will stop him from being too radical. We're changing personnel, systems, formations & tactics. If City are 5 points behind United at the of September, people are going to have to be very patient.

Our owners will trust Txiki and Ferran on this. Pellegrini will return to the attacking football we all want and we will do well. I have every faith mate I really, really do. Not so much that we have a sound manager but more that we are playing to our strengths.

I couldn't care a fuck about Moyes. The media will try as you say but let them. We are our own entity, we will be a force. No doubt.<br /><br />-- Wed May 22, 2013 11:46 am --<br /><br />
Prestwich_Blue said:
Pam said:
bluebarn said:

Macari is clueless. Him talking up Moyes stinks of toeing the party line. Fact of matter is Moyes is a gamble. This cut from the same cloth stuff is bollocks. Klopp (for example) is the same cloth, not Moyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.