Pellegrini is the new manager (Malaga Newspaper reports) 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the missed target was the group stages in europe, we really have to progress in this comp if we are to class ourselves as moving forward, unfortunately bobbie has a track record of missing out, he had two shots admittedly in tough groups but we under performed.

woolleyback blue said:
I haven't seen anywhere how quickly Pellegrini got his previous teams up and running playing his style of football and playing it well. He might be very good at doing it quickly.
Seems to take about 4 months, from what I can gather. Maybe less time with us as we kinda play in a fluid formation already.

grim up north said:
simon23 said:
regardless of who the next manager is he should be given time....at least 2 years (possibly more) to see what he can do.....it will take him that long to embed a new philosophy and tactics to the squad, as well as integrate new players

1 step backwards (sideways if you like) before the big jump forwards

In the statement Mancini was sacked for reasons which included not reaching set targets I believe those were winning the league and progressing in the CL.

Why would those targets be reduced for a new manager, is that not saying regression is ok

Because he's a new manager. When Mancini came in the reason given was that Hughes wasn't on course to finish in the top 4 and a change was necessary mid season to ensure we did. We didn't, but Mancini didn't get sacked for it because the owners took the common sense view that a new manager should be afforded some slack. The same will happen with Pellegrini.

i just hope, unlike mancini, the press give him a chance. They have the power to set him up as some kind of Ranieri figure of fun. The way this has been done theyre probably itching to stick the knife in - his first impression needs to be bang on

Bert Trautmann's Parachute said:
woolleyback blue said:
I haven't seen anywhere how quickly Pellegrini got his previous teams up and running playing his style of football and playing it well. He might be very good at doing it quickly.
Seems to take about 4 months, from what I can gather. Maybe less time with us as we kinda play in a fluid formation already.

Sounds promising, the squad we have now is good enough to keep us challenging whilst they absorb his ideas etc.

Just in...

@TelegraphSport: Manager Manuel Pellegrini has confirmed he and his coaching staff are to leave Malaga, according to Marca

Breaking news on Talkshite

Pellegrini has just confirmed that him and all his coaching staff are leaving Malaga

Breaking now on Talk Sport:

Pelligrini has announced that he and his Coaching Staff are leaving Malaga.

Not really news is it - but its now official.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.